Bachelors Degree Required
BLS for Healthcare Providers required
Provides Occupational Therapy Services for individual patients according to the principles and practices of Occupational Therapy. Participates in operational and clinical functions for the department, hospital and corporation. Provides direction and supervision to occupational therapists, occupational therapy students, and rehab aides in the area of patient care. Complies with laws and regulations of appropriate state and federal agencies and Joint Commission guidelines. Behaviors that support the mission, vision, and values of the department and hospital are expected.
All team members are responsible for bringing life to our Purpose Statement – Inspire health. Serve
with compassion. Be the difference – through every action and every interaction at work.
Performs appropriate initial physical therapy evaluations and re-evaluations, and designs a physical therapy plan of care
- Demonstrates working knowledge of diagnoses/conditions seen in occupational therapy
- Selects, performs, and interprets the results of PT examinations of neurological, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular, and pulmonary systems
- Accurately performs and interprets standardized evaluations appropriate for the patient
- Identifies actual or potential problems that would impact the OT treatment plan as well as the overall patient plan of care
Establishes specific treatment goals based on the results of the initial assessment
- Designs the treatment plan appropriate for the patient's age, educational level and cultural background
- Designs a plan of intervention that is coordinated and integrated with other services
- Revises the treatment plan as indicated