Regional Sales Manager
United States of America
State / County
North Carolina, South Carolina
Anticipated start date Anticipated start date - day Anticipated start date - month Anticipated start date - year
August 1 2020
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Environment One Corporation (E/One) is an operating company of Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal parts and industrial products. With corporate headquarters in New York and regional offices and distribution throughout the industrialized world, E/One is a manufacturer and provider of products and services for the disposal of residential sanitary waste and Utility Systems for the protection and performance optimization of electric utility assets.
Opportunity is remote. Ideal candidates will live in North or South Carolina
Manages, administer and achieve sales targets and activities for a specified territory.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Sells company products and services through distributors and/or direct sales.
- Responsible for meeting established sales quotas in conformance with annual budget though channel sales management activities.
- Assess opportunity in geographic area of responsibility for E/One's products and services.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of products and services.
- Work with Management to determine the type and number of Distributors necessary to cover the market.
- Maintains constant awareness of markets, competitor activities and problems with assigned area; recognizes trends that develop and takes corrective action or makes appropriate recommendations as required which may include recruiting new and terminating existing Distributors.
- Developing annual business plans with Distributor which includes setting sales goals and planning market development activities.
- Conducting periodic meetings with each Distributor to review their performance and define corrective actions.
- Training Distributor personnel (e.g., outside and inside sales people, technical support personnel, etc.)
- Conducting joint sales calls with their Distributors' technical and field sales representatives.
- Prepared target account prospecting strategy and account management strategies to retain customers.
- Orchestrating and/or participate in marketing events that E/One & Distributors hold (e.g., on-site customer events, forums, trade shows etc.)
- Identify, coordinate, track and execute prospecting efforts with engineers, builders/developers and operators, independent and in conjunction with Distributors, to generate demand that would be fulfilled through the channel partner.
- Analyzes and prepares sales forecasts and reports via CRM. All sales personnel complete a weekly report including pipeline, detail of activity in the territory and project updates.
- Sales personnel prepare and review quarterly business reviews (QBR's) with territory Distributors, of which are signed and submitted to management. The Regional Manager must use critical reasoning skills, contingency planning and adjustment strategies which may include investigating other distributor candidates in the territory.
- The Regional Manager is expected to demonstrate a high level of managerial competency, including awareness of territorial market drivers, performance of our technology, the competitive position of E/One versus competition, and the performance of distribution relative to established sales targets and associated profitability. The Regional Manager must be aware of distributor profitability trends and to demonstrate competency in describing, understanding and then driving the factors necessary for quarter over quarter growth. Proactive engagement of this performance category is critical to meeting and exceeding E/One sales targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience & Education
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, or engineering preferred.
- Minimum of five years proven technical sales and sales management experience.
- Possess strong technical knowledge/aptitude; pump experience a plus.
- PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Regional Manager.docx – 43KB
Converted File Regional Manager.docx.pdf – 97KB