Kraft Heinz, The Company
As one of the world's largest food and beverage companies, we are proud to spark joy around mealtimes with a global portfolio of more than 200 brands. Some are iconic master brands like Heinz, Kraft and Planters. Others are fast growing new sensations that defy status quo like DEVOUR and Primal Kitchen. No matter the brand, we are united under one vision To Be the Best Food Company, Growing a Better World. Bringing this vision to life are our 36,000+ teammates around the world, making food people love.
Together, we help provide meals to those in need through our global partnership and commitment with Rise Against Hunger. And we also stand committed to sustainability, and the health of our planet and its people.
Every day, we are transforming the food industry with bold thinking and unprecedented results. If you're passionate like us -- and ready to create the future, build on a storied legacy, and participate as a conscientious global citizen -- there's one thing to do join us.
Our Culture of Ownership, Meritocracy and Collaboration
We're not afraid to think differently. Embrace new ideas. Dream big. It all comes down to the way we empower our people to own their work. It's true Our employees are our competitive advantage.
As part of the Kraft Heinz family you're supported to grow and achieve. You're recognized and rewarded for outstanding performance at every level. You're given the opportunity to leave your mark and build legacies. But you won't do it alone. This is where our values and teamwork thrives and collaborative spirit fuels every day.
Job Title: Area Production Manager
Location: Newberry, SC
Role / Title
The Area Production Manager assists with the supervision of the planning, organizing and directing of production activities and employee placement/training/development to cost effectively produce a high quality finished product. Responsible for coordinating all activities within assigned area of the plant, including manage multiple Production Supervisors. Held accountable for all financial, safety, quality, and regulatory matters in assigned area of the plant. The incumbent will ensure all food preparation and packaging is compliant to the guidelines of Good Manufacturing Practices and Food Safety regulations.
- Participate in the QRMP audit and assist in the development of procedures and corrective actions
- Oversee and lead the implementation of the QRMP (Quality Risk Management Process) system and operational standards as outlined in the plant accountability list
- Adhere to Kraft Heinz quality standards to ensure product quality and Food Safety by following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), standard operating procedures (SOP's) and Kraft Heinz specifications
- Prepare departmental costs and variances with regard to productivity, short and long-range planning, labor scheduling, product scheduling, raw materials, packaging supplies, product weights, sanitation and housekeeping
- Organize and facilitate production line activities to ensure conformance to establish requirements regarding quality, safety, employee- relations, productivity and cost scheduled volume outputs
- Work with Product Development, Suppliers, Engineering, Quality, and Factory Employees in finding innovative ways to improve the Quality and productivity of our Products.
- Support Employee involvement in Safety, Analytical Problem Solving, Project Planning, Vendor and Customer Relations, fostering a Team atmosphere.
- Monitor and update all area practices and policies for compliance.
- Work with Product Supply Group in weekly scheduling of the Packaging and Processing Area to optimize productivity.
- Prepare, distribute, and follow-up with regard to all established records, reports and/or forms
- Ensure strong, effective communication across functions and with employees, vendors and government regulators
- Monitor productivity data and help develop corrective action plans necessary to achieve annual productivity improvements
- Implement safety measures for accident prevention through monthly departmental safety meetings and working with salaried Supervisors to ensure hourly employee compliance
- Report on quality defect issues and help determine necessary corrective actions to eliminate repetitive failures
- Manage operations to achieve daily efficiencies in keeping with established standards
- Manage budget of assigned department, in accordance with annual productivity improvement targets
- Suggesting new solutions to production problems and ways to improve the efficiency of an operation
- Interprets company policies to workers and enforces policies and safety regulations
- Assist and partner with business leaders on implementation of process improvement (Six Sigma / Lean/ Kraft Heinz Management System (KHMS), including leading change initiatives, planning, and facilitation
- Oversee development of high performing work teams within department through coaching, training and engaging team members through effective cascading of goals, visual performance boards and ongoing communications of factory changes and performance. Embrace the HGPS principles necessary to accomplish these objectives and support the change management techniques to develop the culture of continuous improvement and engagement.
- Assist with the supervision of the Production staff including but not limited to performance management and employee development, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Business, Food Technology, or related field, or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of supervisory and managerial experience (preferably in a food-manufacturing environment).
- Understanding of manufacturing processes, production line and equipment.
- In-depth knowledge of State and Federal rules/regulations such as EEO, OSHA, FDA, USDA.
- Must have a good understanding of manufacturing procedures and practices.
- Experience with lean manufacturing and continuous improvement techniques.
- Exposure to food processing systems including high speed production lines.
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity