SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
- Utilize aseptic technique during sample preparation and microbiological/chemical analyses
- Prepare test solution and reagents
- Proper labeling, handling, storage, use, and disposal of solutions, biohazard and hazardouswaste, and microbiological cultures
- Perform serial dilutions and enumeratetarget microorganisms according to standard operating procedures
- Detection of pathogens that may cause foodborne illness using DNA and Protein-based methods
- Preparationand sterilization of culture media
- Extraction ofdesired components from samples using standard chemical procedures such as distillation, solventextraction and acid digestion
- Analysis of chemical composition usingstandard laboratoryequipment
- Maintenance and verification of general laboratory equipment
- Documenting and recording accurate data using Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)Managing time and tasks efficiently while maintaining excellent quality of work
- 4 year degree in microbiology, chemistry, food science, biology, or related discipline or equivalent industrial laboratory experience
- Experience with Windows PC and Microsoft Office – LIMS software experience a plus
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds
- Ability to think independently while working in a team environment
- Schedule includes at least one weekend day and evening hours
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.
Information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.