Our goal is to be the best retailer in USA in the eyes of our customers, associates, and business partners.
We would love to have you join the Scheels team!
The Bike/Pro License Sales associate is to actively seek out customers in our store, greet them in an upbeat and professional manner while providing world class customer service.
What it takes to be a Scheels Expert:
- Genuinely and consistently treat co-workers, customers and business partners like they are the most important person including eye contact, a smile and a genuine "Thank you"
- Approach daily tasks, projects and follow-up communication with energy and sense of urgency
- Cultivate a deep desire to become a knowledge expert in their role with the ability to apply their knowledge and experience with great impact
- Show respect and appreciation for others and Scheels
- Arrive to work and meetings 10 minutes early
- Genuine interest and action in helping others before yourself, regardless of recognition or reward
- Consistent eagerness to listen, learn, apply knowledge and accept critical feedback
- Ability to adapt to a changing work environment
- Ability to apply concepts of basic math, grammar, punctuation and spelling
- Meets Scheels dress and grooming expectations in support of professional, clean and welcoming environment for customers, co-workers and business partners
- Demonstrate pride and ownership of their work while meeting expected deadlines
- Greet all customers on the sales floor with courtesy and a smile
- Grow personal sales by hitting minimum goals and following Scheels professional salesmanship standards to provide an above and beyond customer experience
- Promote the Scheels Visa Rewards card and be able to clearly explain all benefits
- Engage in conversation with customers and assist them in making buying decisions
- Demonstrate a passion for products in our store
- Attend all Scheels product training and all store meetings
- Maintain a professional appearance on the sales floor
- Assist in all other assigned duties
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth
- Ability to perform basic math; compute rate, ratio and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in a one-on-one and small group situation to customers and other employees
- Demonstrates strong communication, organization, attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and vision for continuous improvement while contributing to a positive team atmosphere
- Exercise judgment and tact while working with customers or co workers
- Strong oral/written communication and reading skills to communicate effectively and in a timely manner with all levels of the organization
- Must be willing to help with freight/stocking when needed
- Ability to demonstrate product usage within their shop and retrieve product from heights of greater than 6 ft
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and or 1-3 months of sales experience
Must be able to sit, stand, bend at the waist, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, walk, push/pull, lift, talk, and hear with or without reasonable accommodation.
Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 9a.m. and 9p.m., Monday through Saturday, 10a.m. and 6p.m., Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, evenings, weekends, and holidays, must be available minimum of three weekends a month. Average hours per week is 20 hours.
Scheels offers a complete benefits package to include:
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Associate Discount
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability Insurance
- All State Accident Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- Maternity Leave
Equal Employment O