Field Service Technician REQ: 200000B9
The Field Service Technician will provide support to our customers and deliver on all the services and offerings, EDC contracts with our customers. They provide both preventative and emergency maintenance, and ensure the equipment at the customer sites is in proper working order. The Field Service Technician will perform the accountabilities detailed below and other duties as assigned.
Electromechanical Emergency and Preventative Maintenance 60%
- Deliver high quality preventative and emergency maintenance services on Entrust Datacard equipment
- Diagnose and understand equipment problems
- Work with a high degree of autonomy with the ability to test, diagnose and resolve issues
- Utilize Oracle or equivalent ERP platform in use by Entrust Datacard to maintain proper inventory levels, resolve issues, and provide customer support by following established processes for service activity reporting and call management
- Drive to customer sites to provide service and maintenance
Customer Interaction 30%
- Interact with customer operations staff
- Be consistently reliable and timely in all aspects of the position, and display a positive attitude
- Demonstrate customer relation skills that allow for independent resolution of most situations without management assistance
- Work to continually improve customer relations
- Adjusts to customer culture in communication, dress code, and compliance with their behavioral standards yet maintaining and modeling Entrust Datacard values
Learning and Development 10%
- Participate in company sponsored personal development and quality initiatives
- Complete all company training and development courses required by Entrust Datacard
- Develop competency in required applications to confidently use diverse software and systems required by the operation
- Assist less experience personnel that require assistance with difficult repair problems
- Committed to continuously improve by sharing ideas, problem resolution successes, and suggestions on process improvement
- Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent verifiable training
- Minimum of 2 year of electromechanical technician experience
- Proficient problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Proficient with PC's, current operating systems and relevant software applications
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours/shifts, assignments and travel when required, including temporary off-site short term assignments in other locations
- Ability to lift up to 70 lbs
- Overtime is required as needed
- Additional electromechanical technician or field service experience
- Entrust Datacard central issuance
- Advanced technical education
- Proficient in electro-mechanics, digital electronics and software required to maintain Entrust Datacard and 3rd party products
- Skilled with tools and electronic test equipment
About Entrust Datacard
Our growing company relies on curious, dedicated and innovative colleagues to anticipate the future and provide solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure world. Entrust Datacard technologies and expertise help government agencies, enterprises and financial institutions in more than 150 countries serve and safeguard citizens, employees and consumers. Each year, our solutions secure billions of transactions — and every day, our technologies issue and manage more than 10 million secure identities. How do we do all of this? Together.
Join us. Together we'll create solutions for a more connected, mobile and secure life.
For more information, visit www.entrustdatacard.com. Follow us on Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Entrust Datacard Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
NO AGENCIES, NO RELOCATION