Be part of a growing, successful company in an exciting and challenging field. Border States is 100% employee-owned, which means you're empowered to make decisions, find solutions and receive rewards for your hard work.
This position will be located in: Sioux Falls, SD
Provides specialized knowledge and skills to enhance the operations of the Quotations. Performs takeoffs of bids and pricing functions. Proactively works with engineers and customers to meet their changing business needs and resolve issues. Develops quotations and requests bid and/or performance bonds for customers within company profit objectives and guidelines. Actively participates in coordinating, analyzing, and acting upon information and feedback of customer needs, pricing, products, competition, and procedures.
- Performs takeoffs of bids and pricing functions that could include products such as motor control centers, motor drives, control components, fixtures, lighting, lamps, dimming systems, switchgear, duct systems, apparatus and specialty equipment.
- Utilizes senior level knowledge and experience to make judgment and discretionary decisions to determine what product specifications, applications, and pricing are necessary for a specific project.
- Proactively works with engineers and customers to meet their changing business needs and resolve issues.
- Provides guidance and may participate in the completion of the quotation process for each assigned project.
- Provides customers with timely follows-up on specialized or technical inquiries and requests.
- Develops quotations and requests bids for customers within company profit objectives and guidelines.
- Provides consistent, responsive, quality service to our customers.
- Actively participates in coordinating, analyzing, and acting upon information and feedback of customer needs, pricing, products, competition, and procedures.
- Coordinates with BSE staff to resolve customer billing issues resulting from errors in the quotations process, pricing, shipping, deliver or other customer service/credit areas.
- Maintains an active log of wins/losses for project bids that includes vendors and contractors quoted
- Provides input and market intelligence, as required.
- May place orders and hold orders on secured projects, prepare submittal drawings, and release hold orders after submittal approval.
- May obtain orders and provide sales support for the BSE outside sales force.
- May provide guidance in purchasing functions, product evaluations and code descriptions, inventory management, pricing development, and other related services.
- Attends sales meetings and training programs, as required.
- Participates in sales meetings and trade shows, as needed.
- Minimum of a business or trade degree preferred or the equivalent in work experience.
- Minimum of four years of prior customer service, quotation or sales experience with strong knowledge of electrical products and systems preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of product lines and applications, alternate product substitutes, and supplier pricing policies preferred.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English preferred.
- Prefer strong working knowledge of PC for Windows, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint), Internet, Email and SAP software.
- Strong technical ability to understand electrical systems and product applications with prior electrical distribution experience preferred.
- Technical ability to read blueprints.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication, reading, and customer service skills are preferred with the ability to effectively plan and organize.
- Excellent customer service skills include being competent, accurate, responsive and engaged.
Border States is a leader in the electrical supply distribution industry with over 100 locations in 22 states. Our employee-owners are second to none in delivering top-notch customer service and in demonstrating extra-ordinary people skills. We are one of the largest independent electrical distributors in the United States providing products and services to the construction, industrial and utility industries. Border States has a competitive benefit package and is a 100 percent employee-owned company. Employee-ownership is a significant part of our culture and our success stems from the dedication of our employee-owners. We practice open-book management and our employee-owners are empowered with clearly defined levels of authority to be innovative and decisive, allowing us to respond quickly to the needs of customers. Employee-owners understand their roles in the success of the company and care about customers' needs, which drives our focus on adding value to everything we do. We recognize that not all customers are the same and each has specific requirements. Our employee-owners understand these diverse needs and have the commitment, resourcefulness and flexibility to outperform all others.
As a Border States employee-owner, you're responsible for living our mission, service philosophy and service standards.
Border States provides value to our customers by delivering innovative product and supply chain solutions.
We earn customer loyalty and confidence by caring about their needs and adding value to everything we do.
Border States employee-owners are competent, accurate, responsive, and engaged .
Join an experienced team at one of the largest electrical distributors in the United States. What are you waiting for?
Equal Opportunity For All
It's not just the law. It's something we've believed in since our founding. We value the diversity of all of our employee-owners and will always be an equal opportunity employer.
Drug Free/Smoke Free workplace