Join our not-for-profit organization that has provided nearly 100 years of housing and services to seniors with a commitment to quality care and service in a Christian environment.
Show YOU care, join us today!
Senior Living Universal Worker
Location: 7890 - GSS Sioux Falls Village
3901 S Marion Rd
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, 57106-1799
Employment Type: Part-Time
As a Senior Living Universal Worker at the Good Samaritan Society, you thrive in a role that requires you to wear many hats. You're flexible and organized, and you understand the importance of building strong workplace relationships.
We have a Day and Evening shift opening
- This position provides assistant to residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner.
- Assists with simple meal preparation and service.
- Assists residents with keeping home area and the general use areas clean and orderly.
- Reports any observed behavior changes to appropriate staff.
- Provides social interaction, conversation and activities that stimulate the mind. Meets clients' requests or assures that another staff meets those requests in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve with no direct patient care required.
What's in it for you: You will work in a faith-based organization with daily devotions and prayer before meetings (if you choose to participate). And you'll be part of a family, offering love and compassion to residents as part of a dedicated and diverse care team. Just ask our employees - it's what they love most about their role at the Society. That, and our opportunities for advancement.
You're a good fit if: You have a good work ethic, can quickly change tasks based on staff needs and are a great communicator.
What you'll do: There is no typical day in this role, and for those who excel at it, that's what makes it a good fit. You will help residents have a clean, orderly and safe experience at all times. You'll help with daily personal care needs of senior residents of all capabilities. You'll help maintain clean living and community spaces, and uphold resident privacy. You will escort residents to meals, aid with snacks and help meet dietary needs. You'll assist in engaging residents in healthy and entertaining events. You may be called upon to document processes, and you'll follow all necessary federal guidelines. Some days residents just want a listening ear, and you'll be that, too.
You're qualified for this position if:
You meet all qualifications outlined below.
Throughout our organization, we aim to fulfill the most basic of human needs: to feel loved, valued and at peace. Are you ready to join our team?
A high school education or higher education is not required to be hired into this job.
Basic ability to communicate and comprehend.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying employees. The variety of benefits include: health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit: https://www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefitsxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
- Referral Bonus is only available at the four Good Samaritan Society –Communities of Sioux Falls locations. Name of current employee must be listed in the referral or reference sections of the application for either party to be eligible.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit: https://www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action