This position will assist identified members who face environmental and personal barriers for receiving appropriate medical care.
- Support the member through coordination and referrals as needed; providing ongoing support and follow-up of outcomes.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory agencies, and appropriate policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with internal clinical staff and external resources to assist members with locating available community resources and social support services; documenting all findings, contacts and interventions identified.
- Actively participate in needs assessments by conducting telephonic outreach and home visits with members identified as requiring social support services; escalating identified clinical care needs to appropriate staff.
- Valid Drivers License required
- Various immunizations and/or associated medical tests (TB test, Flu Shot, etc.) may be required for this position
- Associate's degree or equivalent work experience required. Equivalent experience is defined as 2 years of professional work experience.
- 3 years - Experience in market development and/or community relations required
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision or function in a team environment sharing responsibility, roles and accountability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Positive relationship building skills and ability to engage and motivate health behaviors in diverse populations
Job Specific Requirements:
Bachelor of Social Work with a current BSW license preferred
Multiple Locations in TN: Jackson, Memphis, Nashville, Chattanooga, Johnson City
Employees who are required to operate either a BCBST-owned vehicle or a personal or rental vehicle for company business on a routine basis* will be automatically enrolled into the BCBST Driver Safety Program. The employee will also be required to adhere to the guidelines set forth through the program. This includes, maintaining a valid driver's license, auto insurance compliance with minimum liability requirements; as defined in the "Use of Non BCBST-Owned Vehicle" Policy (for employees driving personal or rental vehicles only); and maintaining an acceptable motor vehicle record (MVR).
- The definition for "routine basis" is defined as daily, weekly or at regularly schedule times.
Number of Openings Available:
VSHP Volunteer State Health Plan, Inc
Applying for this job indicates your acknowledgement and understanding of the following statement:
BCBST is an Equal Opportunity employer (EEO), and all employees and applicants will be entitled to equal employment opportunities when employment decisions are made. BCBST will take affirmative action to recruit, hire, train and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy, veteran status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Further information regarding BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices may be found by reviewing the following page:
BCBST's EEO Policies/Notices
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee via-email, the Internet or any other method without a valid, written Direct Placement Agreement in place for this position from BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee HR/Talent Acquisition will not be considered. No fee will be paid in the event the applicant is hired by BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee as a result of the referral or through other means.
Tobacco-Free Hiring Statement
To further our mission of peace of mind through better health, effective 2017, BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee and its subsidiaries no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products (including but not limited to cigarettes, cigars, pipe tobacco, snuff, chewing tobacco, gum, patch, lozenges and electronic or smokeless cigarettes) in any form in Tennessee and where state law permits. A tobacco or nicotine free hiring practice is part of an effort to combat serious diseases, as well as to promote health and wellness for our employees and our community. All offers of employment will be contingent upon passing a background check which includes an illegal drug and tobacco/nicotine test. An individual whose post offer screening result is positive for illegal drugs or tobacco/nicotine and/or whose background check is verified to be unsatisfactory, will be disqualified from employment, the job offer will be withdrawn, and they may be disqualified from applying for employment for six (6) months from the date of the post offer screening results.
Resources to help individuals discontinue the use of tobacco/nicotine products include smokefree.gov or 1-800-QUIT-NOW.