What you'll be doing...
If you're self-motivated, disciplined, and resourceful, our at-home role may be perfect for you. As a Customer Service Representative, you'll be a problem solver, salesperson, troubleshooter, billing expert and more - all while working remotely from the convenience of your home office, which must be located in the state of Tennessee.
- Listening carefully to customers with patience and courtesy.
- Troubleshooting customer problems and identifying solutions while leveraging your strong customer service and communication skills.
- Educating customers and positioning Verizon solutions to drive and close sales.
- Building customer relationships by earning their dedication and trust through unmatched customer experiences.
What we're looking for...
You are positive and professional with a focus on solving problems and doing whatever it takes to make a difference with every customer every time. You can establish rapport with all kinds of people, listen attentively, and hone in on the most important issues. You explain things easily, in ways that people can understand. You are tech-savvy and know how to use that knowledge to find solutions.
You'll need to have:
- High school diploma or GED.
- One or more years of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Your home office must be located in the state of Tennessee.
- Willingness to work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Willingness to work split shifts as necessary (i.e., four hours worked in the morning, a minimum of a four-hour break, followed by four more hours worked in the evening).
- Understanding that scheduled shifts may change every six months with new shift bids.
Home office requirements:
- Internet service with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem capable of at least 25mbps (per your service plan; a monetary stipend may be provided to you). Wireless connections or DSL are not acceptable.
- A dedicated quiet, private workspace with a chair and desk.
- Verizon conducts periodic home audits via webcam to ensure your workspace meets requirements.
- The ability to self-manage in a remote work environment including setup of company-provided computer equipment and ongoing proactive, skilled, and effective management of your home network and connections.
- Demonstrated self-discipline, time management skills, resourcefulness, and the ability to work collaboratively with leaders and on a team - all in a remote work environment.
Even better if you have:
- An associate's degree.
- Experience resolving customer issues, billing, and/or handling product use questions.
- Experience solving customer problems in a work-from-home environment.
- Experience promoting and/or selling products and services.
- Proficiency with technology applying it to solve problems.
Verizon is an award winning company and has been recognized by the Diversity Best Practices Inclusion Index, Working Mother Magazine, as a best company for multicultural women, as a top 10 Best for Vets employer, and as a top 10 Military Spouse Friendly Employer.
Being surrounded by great technology is the start. Being surrounded by great people makes it even better. Thousands of locations, millions of connections. A personal experience for each customer created by you.
Our technologies and our customers' needs are always evolving. You'll be at the forefront of the tech world's latest trends.
What you get.
Verizon offers a competitive salary plus commissions and other incentives.
Create a path for success.
Our sales training program starts day one. We believe in lifelong learning, and also provide award-winning training for continued development. Our investment is in you and your success at Verizon.
After you apply…
You may be required to take an assessment (30 mins) and record a video interview (30 mins). If you're selected to move forward one of our recruiters will reach out to tell you more about the role and answer your questions.
When you join Verizon...
You'll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.
Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.