This position is considered mid-level for professional environmental chemistry work. Employee will be supervised on some aspects of a chemistry assignment. Some overnight travel may be required of employees in this position.
Employee will exercise some independent judgment in day to day responsibilities.
Essential Job Functions
Review environmental laboratory data in an organized and concise manner, consistent with and as prescribed by corporate and US EPA data validation standard operating procedures, quality assurance project plans, and published analytical methods;
Extensive report preparation is required;
Report to supervisors as well as execute work assignments;
Mentor more junior chemists;
Minimal interaction with client on-site may be necessary;
Limited marketing responsibilities with some public speaking or authorship of professional papers;
Manage multidisciplinary projects involving personnel and contractors from multiple entities
Take direction and execute assignments;
Exercise considerable care in following directions;
- Additional duties as may be assigned.
Relocation benefits will only be consider ed for exceptionally qualified candidates.
Desired Skills and Experience
The following qualifications are preferred:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Chemistry or an allied science from an accredited college or university;
- 1-3 years of environmental laboratory experience in GC/MS, GC, ICP, HPLC;
- 5-7 years of environmental consulting experience with strong emphasis on project management;
- Familiarity with the US EPA methods for the preparation and analysis of environmental samples;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Able to review environmental laboratory data for completeness; correctness; compliance against the published analytical methods; and usability utilizing corporate data validation standard operating procedures, US EPA data validation guidelines, and Quality Assurance Project Plans;
- Possess a good understanding of chemistry principles and their application to environmental data review;
- Able to use a variety of office equipment, such as computers, fax machines, photocopiers, scanners, and videoconferencing and telephone systems;
- Computer literature – capable of performing tasks such as: create spreadsheets; compose correspondence; and create reports, and documents using desktop software;
- Exhibit discretion and good judgment;
- Possess keen analytical skills;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently.
Environmental Standards, Inc. is a privately held environmental consulting firm headquartered in Valley Forge, Pennsylvania. Established in 1987, the firm provides consulting expertise in the areas of environmental chemistry quality assurance, environmental project quality assurance, consulting geosciences, environmental data management/information technologies, emergency response quality assurance oversight, and health & safety support.
We have an established reputation for excellence in providing environmental consulting services. Since our inception in 1987, we have enjoyed long-term relationships with Fortune 500 companies and continue to provide high-quality environmental chemistry consulting services using emerging science and technologies.
Our approach allows businesses to focus on their core operations by evaluating pre-existing environmental situations, responding to immediate environmental needs, and developing plans to prevent liabilities down the road, all while setting the standards for innovative environmental solutions.
We are an 90-person firm located in an attractive office building and enjoy a relaxed working environment. Environmental Standards is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in Environmental Standards.
Environmental Standards does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Environmental Standards employees, or any other company location. Environmental Standards is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
This position offers the following competitive benefits:
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance for You and Your Dependents
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Entertainment Discount Programs & Other Merchant Discounts
- Short/Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
- Dependent Care Account
- 401(k) Program with Company Match
- Generous Paid Vacation, Sick/Occasional Time and Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Direct Deposit
- Referral Bonuses
- Professional Development (Training and Mentoring Program)
- Casual Work Environment
- Voluntary benefits including pet insurance
No phone calls, please.