JOB SUMMARY / GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
The Inventory Control Analyst II is responsible for maintaining accurate inventory counts and inventory system information in order to keep accurate documentation of inventory on hand.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Other duties may be assigned. A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Complete daily, weekly, and monthly cycle counts to verify on hand inventory.
- Partner with other DC functions to maintain operating targets.
- Optimize receiving, storage, picking and loading operations.
- Monitor product shelf life and produce rotations to minimize spoilage.
- Understand production and inventory management concepts; such as rotation, shelf life, held product, product disposal and product recovery methods.
- Create and distribute inventory cycle reports to management and other relevant departments.
- Maintain positive communication and customer service relations.
- Perform any other duties as necessary.
This position will be responsible for learning and carrying out the following tasks in the absence of the Inventory Control Manager:
- Maintain accurate records on all product inventoried at the center; monitoring rotation/transfer of stock while avoiding shortages, out-of-stock items, and obsolete items, monitoring inbound item master and make changes to reflect correct locations for product and set-up locations for new product.
- Locally procure product to restock inventory from local vendors, coordinating with corporate as necessary.
- Maintain lowest possible inventory expense through continual monitoring stock levels and customer demands.
- Complete cycle counts and investigations of inventory gains and losses.
- Train and certify all warehouse management, inventory control, and warehouse and driver associates on proper inventory procedures (i.e. Inventory Integrity Procedures).
- Arranges for stock transfers and combination loads and provide new product information to the appropriate departments for entry into the computer system.
- Communicate with appropriate management; inform teams and customers about planned marketing and promotional activities to insure adequate supply of items required for increased customer traffic.
- Achieve savings in cost of inventory by working with vendors to obtain the best overall pricing on local products and inbound transportation; collect credits/debits from vendors for redelivery of out-of-stock products.
- Complete all required reports accurately and on-time.
- Serve as the primary center contact for corporate and vendors relating to purchasing (i.e. code dates).
- Track trip itineraries and product returns to analyze problem areas.
- Audit computer printouts to reduce overstock levels with open purchase orders.
- Achieve established measurements for your center in the following areas; inventory turns, OSD/fill rate, vendor claims/credits, waste and obsolescence, quality assurance, and overtime.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
A teammate in this position must have:
- 2-3 years inventory control experience
- Bachelors degree, preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Warehouse/office environment.