Seeking an Electrical Engineer for a great company in Memphis. This is a direct hire position with full benefits and great compensation.
- Designing, developing, and detailing mechanical components, equipment, and machinery
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles to design products including involvement in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products
- Performs engineering studies to develop reliable and optimum material handling systems based on engineering practice or customer requirements
- Communicate with customers, vendors and departments as needed
- Prepare technical drawings and specifications of mechanical systems to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Perform FEA and other computer assisted calculations & analyses.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings & schematics.
- Design and detail mechanical conveyor components by using AutoCAD or Inventor
- "Interface with fabrication/manufacturing team
- "Support field modifications and commissioning
- "Design and detail mechanical conveyor components by using AutoCAD or Inventor
- "Detailing of mechanical components and structural items. This will include dimensioning, Bill of material updates, and modification to existing/standard drawings
- "Assist in design and development of new conveyor systems and equipment, and standard cost evaluations for new conveyor equipment
- "Estimate costs for mechanical and structural components of material handling installation costs
- "Assist sales or technical service with the complete bid proposal development
- "Interface with customer engineers when gathering system requirements, than translate the requirement to functional technical specifications
- "Design a complete working system whether it is inverted, overhead, power and free, friction, EMS, lifters, attachments, etc. with supports, controls, timing, loading, stress, etc.
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or equivalent program
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- 3D CAD experience such as Solidworks & Inventor is a plus
- "Ability to travel as required