Seeking a Mechanical Sales Engineer for a great company in Detroit. This is a direct hire position with full benefits and great compensation.
- Designing, developing, and detailing mechanical components, equipment, and machinery
- Applying knowledge of engineering principles to design products including involvement in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and/or repair of mechanical products
- Performs engineering studies to develop reliable and optimum material handling systems based on engineering practice or customer requirements
- Communicate with customers, vendors and departments as needed
- Prepare technical drawings, layouts and specifications of mechanical systems to ensure that engineering, fabrication, installation and operations conform to standards and customer requirements.
- Perform other computer assisted calculations & analyses.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings & schematics.
- Design layouts and detail mechanical conveyor components by using AutoCAD
- "Interface with engineering/fabrication/manufacturing/installation teams
- "Support field modifications
- "Detailing of mechanical components and structural components. This will include Bill of material updates, and modification to existing/standard drawings
- "Assist in design and development of new conveyor systems and equipment
- "Assist sales or technical service with the complete bid proposal development
- "Interface with customer engineers when gathering system requirements, than translate the requirement to functional technical specifications
- "Design a complete working system
- "Perform other tasks as assigned Applications Engineering
- B.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Technology or equivalent program
- 5+ years of experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- 3D CAD experience such as Solidworks & Inventor is a plus
- "Ability to travel as required