799 million. That's how many lives our products touched in 2019. And while we're proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
The Field Reimbursement Leader will lead and handle the day-to-day direction for a team of Field Reimbursement Managers (FRM) in the assigned geography to help minimize reimbursement barriers for patients and providers and optimize access to our Cardio Vascular products. The FRL is instrumental in crafting an environment of strong team spirit, effective communication and high motivation to achieve goals in the immediate and long term in order to mentor and enable the FRM team to appropriately support customers. The FRL also participates in the development of customer-oriented and compliant reimbursement strategies, plans, tactics, goals, and, in addition, represents these to external and internal partners.
The FRL reports to the Regional Director and together they will ensure timely communication of issues, trends and events that may impact the Plan of Action (POA) to the various internal cross-functional partners (e.g., Field Sales, Access and Reimbursement Managers, Region Sales Director, Marketing, Market Access roles, Trade, Specialty Pharmacy Account Management and applicable third-party affiliates).
Your Key Responsibilities:
Field Management and Leadership
- Hire, manage, develop and effectively lead a field team to meet or exceed business goals, objectives and targets.
- Develop, communicate and cascade business strategies, plans, objectives and metrics.
- Guide, coach and mentor field team.
- Collaborate, communicate and integrate closely with Regional Director and internal partners on the team.
Field Coordination and Integration
- Work with Access & Reimbursement Manager and Payer team to acquire knowledge of the coverage, coding and reimbursement landscape in order to communicate the information to the FRM team and appropriate organizations' billing staff.
- Proactively collaborate with the Field Sales Regional Director to capitalize on opportunities for success and a coordinated effort to support access to our Cardiovascular (CV) product.
- Proactively work with Regional ARM Director and ARM to anticipate FRM needs and develop solutions.
Ongoing Access and Reimbursement Support
- Coach and lead team to develop a broad and deep understanding of customer priorities and operational needs. Support the development and execution of solutions-oriented reimbursement programs and tactics.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of coverage and reimbursement landscape and trends.
- Work with relevant state, institutional or other societies regarding reimbursement topics.
Fiscal Responsibility and Compliance activities as appropriate for the team and organization.
What you'll bring to the role:
- Education - Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree preferred.
- 2+ years people management experience.
- 5+ years relevant reimbursement and/or access experience in the medical/pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of reimbursement and practice management environment.
- Experience leading remote, field-based teams with proven track record developing talent
- Strong knowledge of buy-and-bill billing and reimbursement pathway.
- Possess strong understanding of Commercial payers, Medicare plans and state Medicaid in geographic region.
- Experience in patient assistance support, reimbursement support and other access programs.
- Travel, as required, and potentially on short notice.
- Excellent communication and expertise in leading large projects/initiatives with excellent partnership and collaboration with the team.
- Strong financial planning, analysis skills.
- Utilization of resources for optimal business results and the ability to influence others.
- Strong customer orientation and capabilities in the area of decision making, teamwork and collaboration and business acumen, leading change, and strategic agility.
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
Imagine what you could do at Novartis!
Novartis embraces diversity, equal opportunity and inclusion.
We are committed to building diverse teams, representative of the patients and communities we serve, and we strive to create an inclusive environment that cultivates bold innovation through collaboration, and empowers our people to ignite their full potential.
Join our Novartis Network: If this role is not suitable to your experience or career goals but you wish to stay connected to learn more about Novartis and our career opportunities, join the Novartis Network here: https://talentnetwork.novartis.com/network