Packaging Associate - Weekend shift
Friday, Saturday & Sunday 5:30 AM to 6:00 PM
$1,000 Retention Bonus!
- Warehouse Packaging Associates prepare bulk automotive parts into boxes for distribution to aftermarket customers.
- Package finished goods in customer designated bags or boxes by means of hand-table or packaging machine.
- Must comply with all EH&S regulations for the protection of the environment and maintain safe working conditions.
- Policies, procedures, and work instructions must be adhered to for quality assurance and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for packaging and assembling kits of automotive products by collecting the parts and boxes needed to accurately complete a customer order.
- Inserting automotive parts into boxes by means of packaging machines or hand-tables while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Print computer generated labels for customer order identification.
- Procure the necessary items (boxes, bulk automotive parts, labels, etc.) from other areas of the warehouse and stage at the hand-tables or packaging machines using powered industrial equipment.
- Package bulk automotive parts using a hand-table or packaging machine.
- Hand stack finished goods onto pallets to be transported to the Outbound Department for customer shipment.
- Follow all work order instructions while maintaining productivity and quality standards.
- Maintain cleanliness in assigned work area and other areas of the facility.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, write, and fully comprehend instructions and communication in English.
- Exercise maximum efficiency while maintaining all quality standards.
- Ability to maintain department productivity standards.
- Must be certified in-house to safely operate powered industrial equipment, if applicable.
- Capacity to operate basic packaging machines.
- Ability to work closely with other employees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee may be exposed to heights up to 30 feet. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles, and can be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic computer aptitude
- Prior packaging or distribution experience preferred