The Opportunity: The Lead Caregiver ensures clients have top quality care and works diligently to maintain continuity of care while meeting our highest standards of service. The responsibility of the Lead Caregiver is to provide backup support to the Senior Solutions team on a consistent and ongoing basis. The Lead Caregiver will provide quality care to clients, report pertinent information to the immediate Supervisor in regards to client condition and possible plan of care updates, and assist the immediate Supervisor with tasks to support department operations. This role could include a combination of in-home caregiving and office administrative duties.
We have an IMMEDIATE NEED for caring, compassionate, and reliable Lead Caregivers within Coffee county and surrounding areas such as Bedford, Franklin, Marion, Grundy, and Moore county! This role offers FULL TIME hours. The Lead Caregiver will be paid a weekly guaranteed minimum of $500. The Lead Caregiver is guaranteed 50 hours per week minimum, even if they are not placed on shifts. If, however, they are placed on a shift and they decline or call out, the hours for that shift will be deducted from their 50 hours and they will have to make up the time. The goal is to ensure Lead Caregivers receive full time hours.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Contacts their office by 9am every morning to receive the day's schedule if their manager has not already contacted them prior to 9am. They can call their Supervisor directly or come into the office to make this daily contact
Provides hands-on care, which may include assistance with bathing, dressing, eating, toileting, personal hygiene, light housekeeping, meal preparation, laundry, linen changes, transportation, errands, or other reasonable duties as assigned
Reads the client's care plan and assessments and provides consistent quality care based upon the care plan for each client
Assists Senior Solutions office employees at the Senior Solutions local office with operational tasks such as: scanning and sending Caregiver timesheets, delivering meals to clients within the geographical area, providing hands-on training for new and existing Caregivers, assisting with Caregiver new hire day events, installing PERS units in clients' homes, delivering gloves and admit binders to client homes, and any other duties as assigned
Adheres to all company policies, including dress code with proper PPE, time off, call outs, etc.
Clocks in and out of every shift they work on the appropriate systems associated with the client or clients they are servicing
Observes clients to recognize changes in their behavior or health , then notifies the appropriate personnel of Senior Solutions Home Care if necessary
Must commit to doing all continuing education required for the role
Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma (preferred)
- Activities of Daily Living (ADL) care skills
- Current Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) license preferred but not required
- Willing and able to complete a robust video training program provided by Senior Solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal forms
- A love for the senior community
- A compassionate and upbeat attitude
- Strong commitment to reliability and ethical behavior
- Ability to bend, climb, stoop, and stand an average of 5 hours per day
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
- Possesses a valid driver's license (required)
- Possesses a valid second form of ID, such as a social security card
- Must have reliable transportation
- Car insurance (required)
- Willing to maintain skills through continued education
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug testing per company standards
- Required to work on a rotating weekend schedule (at least 2 weekends a month).
- The Lead Caregiver will provide services in the homes of their assigned clients.
- The Lead Caregiver may also provide services to clients in a hospital, rehabilitation, or assisted living setting.
- The Lead Caregiver must be willing to work on a flexible hourly basis, including days, nights, weekends, and split shifts. The Lead Caregiver must be available to work 2 weekends a month.
- Frequent local and regional travel is required for this position.