H-E-B needs energetic and motivated Partners willing to work hard and have fun while making our Customers feel welcome. No matter what background you bring, or where you are in your career, we welcome you to join our community where People come first.
As a Meat Cutter, you'll help provide a well-stocked and well-maintained department while providing superior customer service. You'll prepare, package, and merchandise fresh product on a daily basis, while maintaining all department and food safety / sanitation standards.
Once you're eligible, you'll become an Owner in the company, so we're looking for commitment, hard work, and focus on quality and Customer service. 'Partner-owned' means our most important resources--People--drive the innovation, growth, and success that make H-E-B The Greatest Omnichannel Retailing Company.
Do you have a:
HEART FOR PEOPLE... a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
HEAD FOR BUSINESS... a strong sense of how what you do affects our Customers and our success?
PASSION FOR RESULTS... initiative to step up and do what needs doing?
We are looking for:
- customer service and communication skills
- ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What is the work?
- Cuts, trims, bones meat for display or as ordered by Customer, according to company standards
- Operates electric grinder, saw, knife sharpener, tenderizer, slicer
- Weighs / wraps / labels product packages for counter display; rotates product as needed
- Rotates product in meat cooler; ensures proper storage practices
- Uses MCS technology to generate production list and track 're-works'
- Assists customers with product questions
- Scans in items on Telxon for production
- Assists in technical areas as needed
Food Safety / Sanitation:
- Cleans and sanitizes display cases; properly operates / maintains equipment
- Complies with H-E-B food safety and sanitation standards
- Complies with department SOPs, Store operating procedures, and federal / state fresh meat regulations
- Provides superior customer service
- Answers customer questions regarding products and assists them with selections
What is your background?
- Minimum age 18 (mandatory)
- 1 years of related experience and / or training
- Completion of power jack training
Do you have what it takes to be a fit as a Meat Cutter at H-E-B?
- Working knowledge of product rotation, department / Store sanitation, shrink awareness, MS Outlook (Word, Excel)
- Meat-cutting skills (saw, grinder)
- Customer service and communication skills
- Function in a fast-paced, retail environment, in detailed and precise tasks
- Work with Customers, staying attentive to their needs
- Lift and carry moderately heavy loads (40 - 60 lbs)
- Frequently* stand, walk, bend, reach, pivot, push / pull with arms, grasp
- Frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and high-tech chemicals
- Occasionally be exposed to wet and / or humid conditions
- While there may be exceptions, the measurements noted are generally defined as--Constantly: 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Frequently: 2.5 - 5.5 hours per 8-hour day; Occasionally: 0 - 2.5 hours per 8-hour day