Established in Austin in 1958, Goodwill Central Texas, a private, non-profit, 501(c)3 organization, has become a multi-dimensional non-profit deeply entwined with business and job growth, the environment, and the overall spirit of Central Texas. Goodwill empowers more than 13,000 people each year, helping them fulfill their potential, improve the lives of their families, and contribute to the growth of the community. Goodwill, in collaboration with an extensive network of practical, thoughtful assistance-providers, actively strives to broaden its scope of education, job training, and business services in alignment with the core mission of generating lifelong connections to work.
Goodwill of Central Texas is currently looking for Merchandise Processors for our Lamar Oaks retail store. This store is located at 4001 South Lamar Austin, Texas 78704.
Our Merchandise Processors are responsible for partnering with production and retail team members in a high energy fast-paced environment to perform a variety of operational functions that include receiving, sorting, pricing, processing and preparing donated merchandise to display for sale in a Goodwill retail store.
- Sort and process merchandise from containers to determine appropriateness for the sales floor in accordance with established guidelines.
- Sort merchandise into sellable and salvage categories according to quota.
- Stay abreast of brand name, designer labels, current and vintage styles.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all donors/customers.
- Maintain a pace at which one is able to meet daily quota for pieces processed.
- Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, kneeling and climbing for prolonged periods of time (up to 7 hours per 8 hour shift.)
- Ability to lift 35 pounds frequently.
- Work a flexible schedule in support of the store opening, production and closing operations.
- Ability to effectively communicate in English with customers and GCT associates.
- Health insurance – Coverage as low as $9.00 per paycheck
- Company paid life insurance
- Career training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Career Training with assigned Career Coach
- Opportunity receive a certification from out Career & Technical Academy
Compensation for Merchandise Processor
- Full-Time $9/hour
- Part-Time $8.50/hour
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status. Post offer background check is required to ensure applicant meets all eligibility requirements for the assigned customer/location. Alternative work locations may be offered as appropriate.