27 FebProject Lead 2 - Texas Health & Human Services Commission - Austin, TX
The DCS - Legacy DSHS Application Remediation EI#2 project will remediate the technology platform of four legacy applications that are out of compliance with the legislatively-mandated Data Center Services (DCS) contract in order to bring those systems into compliance with regulations and requirements. The four applications are: Conscientious Objector Affidavit Request, Conscientious Objector Junior College, Conscientious Objector Processing and Poison Control Database.
The Project Lead will plan, direct and coordinate the activities of other project team members as they remediate, configure, test and deploy the applications comprising the legacy systems. The Project Lead will also perform development tasks, especially those requiring a high degree of technical expertise.
- Lead software developer, converting legacy code in Visual Basic, C# and VB6 into .NET web apps
- Directs the activities of another developer and two software testers
- Develops a Master Test Plan (MTP) document which will serve as a guide for developers and software testers to develop specific tests
- Maintains and manages project schedule using MS Project
- Ensures that application source code is maintained in Microsoft Team Foundations repository
- Ensures that software development and deployment follow HHSC IT guidelines regarding segregation of duties, quality assurance, etc.
- Manages tasks and resources for the development, testing and deployment during the project
- Communicates and interfaces with other IT teams for networking, firewalls, etc.
- Creates iterative planning and delivery cycles and work flow of tasks
- Manages integration of work products from other team members
- Communicates with IT and program teams efficiently and effectively
- Serves as the primary point of contact for project communications and status reporting.
- Identifies potential risks, opportunities, and issues that may have an impact on the project.
- Provides weekly status reports
- Other duties as assigned as required to complete the project.
|Minimum Requirements: Candidates that do not meet or exceed the minimum stated requirements (skills/experience) will not be considered for this opportunity and the resume will not be submitted to the customer.|
|8||Required||Software Development using Visual Studio and the .NET framework|
|7||Required||Maintaining source code artifacts in Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)|
|7||Required||C# or Visual Basic programming|
|7||Required||Developing multi-tier .NET web applications for Enterprise use|
|5||Required||Re-architecting 2-tiered web applications into 3-tiered web applications|
|5||Required||Remediating legacy code projects to current technology platforms Remediating legacy code projects to current technology platforms|
|5||Required||Leading a development team managing and coordinating the work of several developers|
|5||Required||Partitioning a development project into tasks for allocation to other team members|
|3||Required||Using Microsoft Project reading and understanding project plans, making updates|
|3||Required||Filing software defect reports|
|2||Required||Managing and coordinating the work of software testers|
|1||Required||Creating Master Test Plans for web application projects covering unit testing, integration testing, User Acceptance Testing, performance testing, etc.|
|1||Required||Developing Functional Test Plans with HP-ALM|
|1||Required||Executing Test Plans and Test Cases using HP-ALM|
|1||Required||Developing Test Cases with HP-ALM for web applications|
|1||Required||Skills with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Visio.|
|1||Required||Proven ability to work successfully with technical and non-technical groups and manage multiple responsibilities.|
|1||Required||Excellent analytical, problem-solving and team collaboration skills.|
|1||Required||Oral and written communication skills.|
|1||Preferred||Experience with public health information systems and software applications|
|1||Preferred||Understands Electronic Information Resources (EIR) accessibility and security requirements and their technical specifications. Ensures the EIR accessibility and security is integrated into the project lifecycle at the appropriate points (planning, design|
To be considered for this position, please send the followingto Zandra at Pedigo Staffing Services, email@example.com
- Resume inMS Word .doc or .docxformat
- Current & Expected Salary
- Date available to start