At Vibra Healthcare, we're on a first name basis. Our managers greet you by your first name and know why you're passionate about healthcare. Throughout your day, you collaborate with an interdisciplinary team to create a course of recovery for the patient you know so well.
Vibra Specialty Hospital, located in Desoto, TX, is a 40-bed long term acute care (LTAC) hospital featuring 12 ICU rooms and 28 private medical surgical suites providing focused medical, nursing and rehabilitation services for patients who need more acute medical care for their recovery process. As a smaller, specialized hospital, we offer an opportunity to work in a fast-paced and friendly work environment where you really get to know your patients and their families.
Vibra Specialty Hospital at Desoto is seeking Full Time and PRN Patient Care Techs to join our team on Days!
Now hiring for 12 hour DAY and NIGHT shifts!
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The PCT is assigned to work under the supervision of a RN/LPN/LVN who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and PCT skills and abilities. The PCT will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse. The PCT utilizes basic infection control procedures, basic nutrition and fluid intake. Recognizes emergency situations and responds.
- Current, valid, and active certification to practice as a Patient Care Technician in the state of employment required.
- Current BLS certification from a Vibra-approved vendor required.
- Previous healthcare experience is preferred.
- Phlebotomy training and ECG training preferred.
- Ability to project a professional image.
- Knowledge of regulatory standards and compliance requirements.
- Strong organizational, prioritizing and analytical skills.
- Ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant.
- Working knowledge of computer and software applications used in job functions.
- Freedom from illegal use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in the workplace.
Our recruitment team wants to get to know you. Share your passion!
Please complete our online application and submit your resume for immediate consideration.
Thank you for taking the time to consider a career opportunity with our hospital.