22 MayJOB SUMMARY
The Lead Case Manager position is responsible for the supervision of designated Case Manager II positions in the rehousing program (COVID), coordinating/updating referral services, and providing input regarding complex cases. Also responsible for ensuring client files are maintained in accordance with agency policies, and reporting program metrics. The successful candidate will perform these duties in a satisfactory manner and in accordance with agencies policies, procedures and core values.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
(60%) Supervision of designated Case Manager II positions to include: development and tracking of performance goals, ongoing communication through regular individual and team meetings, coaching for optimal performance, regular staffing sessions to discuss client issues and progress, and input regarding particularly complex cases.
(20%) Ensures precise and accurate documentation of case management services, including client files and entries into the program databases.
(10%) Coordinates with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, as necessary,to meet program needs and avoid duplications of services. Provides community resource referral updates to Case Managers.
(10%) Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services, or other relevant field;
- In lieu of degree, four years of experience in Housing Case Management may be considered.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bilingual in Spanish/English, written/verbal (preferred).
- One to two years of experience in case management and/or supervision required.
- Nonprofit experience (preferred)
- Experience conductingoutreach and presentations.
- Flexible and effective team player, able to adapt to changes and a busy workplace environment.
- Knowledge and experience with housingissues and available resources.
- Experience and knowledge with the challenges of and resources for those at-risk of homelessness.
- Knowledge of homelessness and related issues, and poverty-related issues.
- Ability to work with diverse communities.
- Position requires routing TB (Tuberculosis) testing and documentation (post-offer).
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to self-motivate.
- Excellent written/verbal communication and people skills.
- Computer literate – experience with MS Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, and using internet.
- Ability to work under pressure, address multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to identify key issues in problem solving and implement effective and creative solutions.