The Rapid Rehousing Program (COVID) Assistant Director position is responsible, working with the Program Director, for day-to-day program operations, talent supervision and development, and budget oversight of the Rapid Rehousing Program (COVID). The successful candidate will work closely with the RRH Program Director and Housing and Economic Opportunities Department leadership to ensure provision of high quality, standardized services that are in compliance with applicable policies and regulations, and consistent with the agency’s holistic, client-centered approach to service delivery, and will create an environment where department staff are supported and accountable as they pursue the agency’s vision and mission in a manner that is informed by its core values.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
Provide leadership and direct supervision for Lead Case Manager and Job Development Coordinator positions, and shared leadership for all program positions.
Direct, organize, coordinate, and oversee the functions of the program. Work closely with department leadership to recruit, hire, and manage staff to meet program targets and ensure high quality of service delivery. Develop and ensure implementation of policies and procedures within and across programs to facilitate organizational functioning. Work with department leadership to develop strategies and budgets for meeting client needs and program/department goals while further integrating a holistic approach to service
With the Program Director, oversee development of qualitative service objectives, goals and outcomes, including work plans, budgets, and logic models. Ensure timely and accurate completion of all internal and external reports. Monitor programs’ revenue and expenditures for budget compliance.
Build and maintain professional and community relationships to facilitate collaboration in delivery of client services and advocacy for needed programs and services. Represent agency at civic, professional and public meetings to promote awareness of agency services and successes.
Perform other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s or other graduate degree preferred. In lieu of Master’s degree, a BA degree and 2+ years of experience as a Program Director or Assistant Director will be considered. Licensure in social work or related field preferred.
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in program development, implementation and administration, with experience in affordable housing and/or homeless population strongly preferred.
- Management and supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and best practices.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and ability to influence others.
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidential information.
- Nonprofit experience is preferred, but not required.
- Experience with applicable software e.g. MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).