A leading non-profit is seeking a Bilingual (English/Spanish) Case Manager to work within their Community Resources andFamily Re-Housing Stabilization Program.This position will be a minimum of 3 months and will have the opportunity to be extended and/or convert to a permanent employee. Our client has an ever growing client base and is looking to hire top talent so this is a great opportunity to get your foot in the door with a great organization.
The chosen candidate will have access to full-benefits, 401k, sick leave, company vehicle, etc. Hours are9am-5:30pm (40 hours per week with lunch break).
Please see below for an overview of the position.
Essential Job Duties:
- Interviewclients for direct service needs, develop a case plan with the client including written short-term and long-term goals and tasks. Makes referrals as needed.
- Reevaluating goals with clients at regular intervals.
- Facilitates individual and group meetings as needed.
- Serves as a member of the multidisciplinary case team.
- Collaborates with other disciplines including substance abuse, legal, medical, educational, vocational, mental health professionals and other service providers.
- Makes appropriate referrals for emotional, substance abuse, legal, medical, dental, educational recreational, vocational, employment and housing needs.
- Creates and maintains case records, including, but not limited to legal documentation, assessments, case notes, case plans, service updates, court reports, medical reports, referrals, discharge summaries, visitation records and educational information.
- Enhances the client environment by creating a hospitable and customer-oriented facility.
- Completes reports and maintain statistical data, meets programmatic, documentation and other performance standards, on an on-going basis.
Education and Experience Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field required.
- 1+ year of experience working with at risk clients in a direct service setting required.
- 1+ year of’ experience working with clients who have a history of homelessness, with some knowledge of addiction and mental health issues preferred.
- Valid local drivers license with clean driving record required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication both verbal and written in English and Spanish.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise and accurate reports, correspondence, and other job-related documents.
- Skill to work effectively under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Maintain accurate client records which includes the client database.
- Ability to communicate effectively using a variety of styles and techniques appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to analyze situations accurately, utilizing a variety of analytical techniques in order to make well-informed decisions.
- Organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work environments, management styles, and business trends.
- Ability to work effectively with external agencies.
Immediate need. Please submit updated resume for consideration.