Great Opportunities. Great People.
One Company, Infinite Possibilities.
With approximately 7,000 employees and assets of $20 billion, ATCO is a diversified global corporation delivering service excellence and innovative business solutions in Structures & Logistics (workforce housing, innovative modular facilities, construction, site support services, and logistics and operations management); Electricity (electricity generation, transmission, and distribution); Pipelines & Liquids (natural gas transmission, distribution and infrastructure development, energy storage, and industrial water solutions); and Retail Energy (electricity and natural gas retail sales). More information can be found at www.ATCO.com.
ATCO Structures & Logistics values diversity. We are committed to having a company that is inclusive, fair and respectful, and represents the diverse talents available in the workforce. We strive to ensure that our work environment allows for each and every employee to reach their full potential; this is only possible when differences are respected and valued.
Are you a passionate payroll professional who thrives on organization and is extremely attentive to detail? Are you eager to achieve new heights within your career within a growing employer in the US market? If so, this might be the next career opportunity to drive your career forward!
ATCO Structures is growing within the US, and we are seeking a full-time permanent Payroll Specialist to join our HR team in Spring, Texas.
- Prepare and submit payroll
- Ensure all employees are paid on time via live check or direct deposit
- Screen time-worked inputs for calculating, coding, or other errors
- Calculate and process Federal & State tax and social security with-holdings along with other deductions including insurance, benefits, 401(k) contributions and company match
- Review and process payroll adjustments, including vacation, sick and other time off
- Collect banking information for direct deposit setup and initiate deposits on paydays
- Maintain knowledge of rules and laws which govern payroll administration practices including taxation, benefits, and state & federal regulations
- Ensure that payroll-related transactions are processed in compliance with external and internal policies
- Perform actions necessary to track and determine regular and overtime pay, and factors commission-based income or bonuses into an employee's salary
- Process and monitor garnishment orders and other issues that impact payroll specifications
- Generate accrual entries as needed
- Reconcile errors and maintain/document all payroll records
- Conduct semi-annual audits of all payroll records
- Reconcile general ledger regarding payroll transactions
- Detect and process issues related to uncollected payroll
- Field and respond to payroll inquiries and resolves discrepancies
- 5 or more years of experience in running payroll
- ADP Workforce Now Experience
- Knowledge of Certified Payroll Processing Requirements
Experience running payroll within multiple US States including California
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Designation is considered an asset
- Strong organization and mathematical skills