Vulnerability Assessments Analyst provides application security services to Citi businesses early in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC). Candidate needs to work closely with development teams on latest DevSecOps tools and processes to integrate security testing.
- Manage and execute security assessments for multiple agile projects simultaneously and ensure project timelines are met.
- Perform application security testing on various types of applications such as web, APIs (REST/SOAP/Micro services), thick clients, mobile, etc., inclusive of the supporting infrastructure components.
- Utilize Static Application Security Testing (SAST), Interactive Application Security Testing (IAST), and Component Vulnerability Management (CVM) tools such as Checkmarx, Contrast, and Black Duck to uncover additional vulnerabilities during Dynamic Application Security Testing (DAST).
- Analyze SAST, IAST, CVM, and DAST tool results to eliminate false positives.
- Leverage application artifacts such as business requirements, user stories, design documents, architecture documents, and others to understand the scope of the agile review. Create targeted security user stories and misuse cases to execute during the agile review by performing threat modeling.
- Collaborate with application teams to ensure that any identified security vulnerabilities are remediated in a timely manner.
- Have the ability to read and understand application source code in order to provide specific recommendations for the identified vulnerabilities to application teams.
- Have strong technical writing and presentation skills to report and articulate security vulnerabilities to technical and non-technical audiences.
- At least 5 years of experience in security testing performing:
o Application penetration testing including Web, Desktop, API, Mobile
o Source code review preferably in Java or .NET programming languages
o Threat modeling
- A good understanding of enterprise application development using programming languages such as Java or .NET.
- Working experience in agile environments as part of the DevOps team with a very good understanding of the CI/CD pipeline.
- Good understanding of the following: BitBucket/Git, JIRA, TeamCity, Jenkins, SonarQube, Artifactory, Checkmarx, BlackDuck, Contrast, Twistlock, AWS, GCP, Azure, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, PCF.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and the ability to communicate with all levels of staff and management are also essential.
- Must have a strong understanding of ethical hacking methodologies, frameworks, and industry resources, e.g. OWASP, OSSTMM, NIST publications, SANS/CWE, among others.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management, or related field preferred.
- Industry-accredited security certifications will be required. The candidate must have or be willing to obtain certifications from the following industry recognized organizations: Offensive Security, GIAC, ISC2, EC-Council, ISACA, etc.