Manage one large, or multiple, ready mix plant operations. Maintains equipment and materiel to produce concrete and ensures delivery of requested products to customers. Responsible for the safety of plant and drivers. Reports to area manager with required reports and briefings. Coordinates with central dispatch to ensure timely distribution of cement while maintaining customer satisfaction
- Conducts/oversees monthly and quarterly safety meetings, maintaining a consistent focus on safe behavior
- Enforces the wearing of appropriate safety equipment in the plant at all times
- Coordinates monthly plant and truck inspections with the Director of Operations and Fleet Manager
- Responsible for consistent batching sequence and monitoring scale and gate accuracy
- Assesses the quality of materials delivered and maintains a log of changes in aggregate moisture
- Supervise employees at the plant in daily activities including hiring, evaluation, progressive discipline, etc.
- Accountable for the integrity of Mixer Operators and yard personnel loads and payroll hours. The time entry system should be audited daily for accuracy
- Monitors loading and tempering time; working with the Mixer Operators to arrive on each jobsite in a timely fashion
- Reviews, daily, a pre-shift inspection checklist to ensure equipment is functioning properly
- Responsible for performing preventive maintenance procedures. Periodic inspections are performed to inspect bin integrity, dust collection system, admixture dispensers, gate and rams, and aerator functionality
- Ensures the plant performs at targeted capacity at all times
- Responsible for overall housekeeping including the plant, batch office, and driver and equipment appearance
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree. Will consider experience in-lieu of education.
- 5 years' experience with concrete and related products.
- 1 year maintenance and management experience preferred
- Possess a current driver's license (preferably a C.D.L.)
- Current knowledge of D.O.T., O.S.H.A., EPA, and other agencies regulations
- Self-starter with desire to promote values and business principles
- Ability to direct, teach, motivate, and coach
- Ability to formulate decisions, makes and support recommendations, prioritize work, communicate with multiple parties and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills to facilitate positive working relationships with all levels of management and staff
- Bilingual is desired but not required
- Exercise independent decision-making, prioritize conflicting demands, and communicate with multiple associates.
- Must be able to read and write in the English language
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time (up to 8 hrs.), stand, stoop and bend
- Must have manual dexterity to use hand tools, and be able to see and hear
- Ability to lift 50# from ground to waist is required
Most time is spent in an outside setting that may require various periods of work in all weather conditions-heat, cold, wet or dry. On occasions, time will be spent in an office environment. May have exposure to dust, sand, gravel, diesel exhaust, etc. Must be able to work early mornings, evenings, and Monday thru Saturday schedule.