Contributes to the university's mission through teaching, research and service, some variation by academic unit.
- Ph.D. or Ed.D. in Communication Studies or related area
- At least two years of higher education administrative experience
- Experience in distance or online education
- Credentials that merit appointment at the rank of associate or full professor with tenure for an R1 institution
- An active research program in a related area
- Experience working with diverse populations and first-generation students
- Experience acquiring or pursuing external funding
- Leadership experience at a R1 institution
- Experience in higher education budgeting
- Professional experience in a related area
- Successful guidance in tenure and promotion cases
- Experience supporting successful donor and alumni relations
- Ability to foster interdisciplinary partnerships internal and external to the College
- Demonstrated success in developing outreach to local, regional, national and international employers
Academic degree as defined by the academic unit and as appropriate for the position held. Demonstrated record of effectiveness as a teacher, a record of peer-reviewed publication and/or peer-reviewed creative activity which has contributed to the discipline or field of study, to the candidate's intellectual and artistic development, and to the quality of the academic enterprise; a record of professional service appropriate to the discipline; promise of growth in teaching and research or artistic and creative activity.