06 MarMaster Production Scheduler
The company is looking to hire a Master Scheduler who will craft a plan across two plants and all the product lines which will help them to meet their goal of 95%+ on-time delivery to their valuable customers by the end of 2020. The person hired in this high visibility role will lead a small team of 2 or 3 production control schedulers, and partner with department leaders and key staff members in Sales, Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
The company offers industry competitive benefits for medical, dental, vision, long-term insurance, short and long-term disability, paid holidays, paid vacation and a 401k plan with company match. This position is based in Temple, Texas, but will include some travel to other business sites.
As a preview of expected projects, the Master Scheduler will be asked to chair monthly forecast review meetings with stakeholder departments, design a release plan which will reduce total work order lines and improve throughput and actively coordinate with production and sales to manage past due work orders so that the company meets the annual on time delivery goal.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generates and maintains a master schedule which aligns with the monthly Sales & Operations, Inventory Plan and meets expected customer service levels. This will include all assembly lines.
- Conduct SIOP (Sales, Inventory/Operating/Purchasing) monthly forecast review meetings. Current month and forward looking 6-month review for each production line and any special projects currently being quoted. Adjust/Maintain high level forecast in ERP system ensuring proper demand is communicated to suppliers.
- Interface with key business personnel across all primary functions (engineering, purchasing, and production, and quality, finance, sales and shipping & receiving) to ensure that customer schedules are realistic, attainable, visible and measurable.
- Establish and improve lead-times as competitive conditions require.
- Supervise preparation of actual stock orders, change orders, and maintenance of records to achieve required availability and inventory levels.
- Analyze plant capacity, maximize use of available labor in the manufacturing & assembly process and prioritize shop load. Evaluate production schedule alternatives and recommend adjustments where needed.
- Elevate and resolve potential constraints that might prevent meeting production plan
- Utilize both visual Kanban and MRP planning systems to release finished good and sub-assembly production orders to the plant in a timely fashion.
- Provide delivery promise dates and lead time to Sales/ Customers for incoming orders and match actual requirements with the master schedule as they materialize.
- Identify key shortages on incoming orders and work closely with Purchasing and Manufacturing to expedite where needed in time to meet customer requirements.
- Attend daily production meetings and provide the reports needed to drive the meeting. Carry the responsibility to initiate the daily activities required to meet on-time delivery initiatives.
- Minimize surplus and obsolete inventory.
- Continue to improve product flow to drive continuous improvement in customer satisfaction overall planning process and financial performance.
- Serve as the Production Control representative for the Engineering Change Notification process and take a lead role in coordinating new part introductions into the BOM structure and schedule.
- Create internal business queries / reports to assist management of projects and business objectives.
- Track and improve the “Schedule Attainment” process.
- Track and improve the OTD through root cause analysis.
OTHER JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with company policies, procedures, and work instructions as they pertain to job function (procedures are based on ISO 9001 and 14000 standards).
- Actively support and participate in Six Sigma, Kaizen, and Lean Manufacturing activities.
- Drive CPI within the “Production” process, show sense of urgency and biased for ac