Discover careers that change the world and further advancements in defense, technology, and engineering today at Northrop Grumman. Use your experience to grow your career and support our global customers with the technology, systems, and solutions they need to enable their missions on the front lines and secure our world every day. With Northrop Grumman, you'll discover a culture built on diversity, respect, and above all teamwork. Together with our group of experts across the technical spectrum, you'll discover opportunities to make a difference in our world and start solving some of the world's most critical problems in the most innovative ways.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems sector is seeking a mid-level Java Web Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Clearfield, UT. Please note that remote/telework is not available for this particular opportunity.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together...
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's APIMS software development team, to help maintain and develop APIMS; an enterprise Web application that is used world-wide by over 200 Department of Defense installations. The applicant will also have the opportunity to be mentored by an exceptional team of engineers with a collective century of experience in a variety of industries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with a team of 6-8 software engineers to:
- Maintain and develop code
- Perform peer code reviews to ensure adherence to standards
- Perform integration testing to ensure quality control
- Participate in database modeling and design activities
- Participate in user interface design activities
- Collaborate with software requirements analysts and subject matter experts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related tech degree/discipline and a 2 years of software engineering experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of on-the-job experience with the following technologies:
SQL (i.e. writing / optimizing / maintaining SQL statements)
- Minimum of 1 year of on-the-job experience with developing Java Web applications
- Must be able to work at the Clearfield, UT location
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Residency (Green Card holder) in order to obtain and maintain Public Trust Clearance.
- Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience working on Agile software development projects (i.e. using Sprint or Kanban methodologies)
- Experience functioning effectively in a CMMI and/or ISO 9001 certified organization
- Experience designing data structures and/or user interfaces
- Certification in any of: CSSLP, CISSP, OCJP, OCP, or Scrum Master
- Minimum of 2 years of on-the-job experience with any of the following technologies:
Angular, jQuery, or ReactJS
JPA / Hibernate
SVN, CVS, or Git
- Oracle SQL & PL/SQL
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.