Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
What you'll do
The Danaher Business System (DBS) Technician will be part of the Lean Resource Team to support lean workouts, lean projects, value stream improvements, and assist in developing the site lean culture.
- Work with Cytiva Lean Team to determine the training needs of shop floor team members
- Support the analysis of team member statement of work-data and make recommendations to improve team member workstation needs, workplace conditions and increase retention
- Support shop floor supervisors/team leads in the coordination and implementation of continuous improvement. Observe and make recommendations so team members are performing job tasks safely, conscientiously and consistently
- Advocate for company policy and procedures and team member development
- A strong motivator with excellent communication skills, you will be fully conversant on 3P practices and "Lean" manufacturing techniques
- Practice Plan/Do/Check and Act Kaizen cycle to sustain improvements
- Lean fundamentals application and problem solving
- Assist and participate in site workouts
- Documenting, developing, improving manufacturing process throughout the company
- Putting processes under a microscope and finding the efficient path forward
- Understand the "why" of current processes and maintain key elements while driving improvement
- Enabling systemization of processes and data collection and analysis
Quality Specific Goals
Aware of and comply with the Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming and rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that the product conforms to its specification Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records
Who you are
- High School Diploma/GED or local equivalent
- 2-3+ year of experience in production operations/materials and distribution
- Ability to communicate, receive and understand instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Demonstrated ability to detail and quality-minded work habits
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with co-workers and leadership
- Comfortable with database use
- Must be able to work well as a team member and independently with minimal supervision
- Professional communication skills with internal and external process customers
- Some lean experience and willingness to grow in this capacity
- Knowledge and understanding of production processes, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming and rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to its specifications
- Associates or technical degree
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you'll feel right at home here. If you're flexible, curious and relentless, you'll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Experience life at Cytiva on our Careers website, Instagram channel and LinkedIn page!
Cytiva is a 3.3 billion USD global life sciences leader with nearly 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here.