Help us improve access to life-changing therapies that can transform human health
We are Cytiva, a global provider of technologies and services that advance and accelerate the development and manufacture of therapeutics. Formerly part of GE Healthcare, we have a rich heritage tracing back hundreds of years, and a fresh beginning since 2020.
Our customers undertake life-saving activities. These range from fundamental biological research to developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies. Our job is to supply the tools and services - the pots, pans, soups and sauces - they need to work better, faster and safer, leading to better patient outcomes.
What you'll do
The Operations Manager fully supports and oversees all operational activities across the value stream to meet customer demand. Works with team members to cultivate a winning manufacturing attitude and creative work environment. Maintains accountability for the training, development and performance management of team members in a functional area. Owns operational budgets and productivity targets in order to support organizational and business goals.
- Monitoring and improving productivity, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner
- Developing and creating training plans to maximize workforce capacity Leading Compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts in support of plant goals
- Driving LEAN manufacturing implementation
- Manages staffing levels in order to meet business delivery and cost goals
- Improving operating rigor and manufacturing processes
- Coaching and developing direct reports to improve the culture of the team and site
- Develop and manage operational budget for their functional area
- Works with other managers throughout manufacturing to generate continuous improvement ideas and spearheads the implementation of those ideas that lead to bottom line results.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position. Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within defined deadlines. Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required. Maintaining full Quality System Regulation and Current Good Manufacturing Practices requirements Maintaining full regulatory compliance and other legal requirements Knowledge and understanding of production process Work Instructions and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to its specifications Ensures the creation of accurate, complete and timely records and DHRs
Who you are
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with 2 years of production, supply chain experience or leadership, or High School Diploma/GED and 6 years production or supply chain experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement Best Practices and deal with high levels of ambiguity
- Prior Team Leading experience
- MBA or Masters
- Demonstrated ability to identify & implement best practices
- Demonstrated ability to perform with high levels of ambiguity
- Prior team leading experience
- Expertise in Lean manufacturing tools and deployment in mfg. environments
Who we are
Whatever your role, we bring purpose and challenge into our everyday work. If you are driven to make the world a better place thanks to science and medicine, you'll feel right at home here. If you're flexible, curious and relentless, you'll belong. If you are excited about a global culture, this can be the place to further your career.
Want to know more? Experience life at Cytiva on our Careers website, Instagram channel and LinkedIn page!
Cytiva is a 3.3 billion USD global life sciences leader with nearly 7000 associates across 40 countries who are dedicated to our mission to advance and accelerate therapeutics. As a trusted partner to customers that range in scale and scope, Cytiva brings efficiencies to research and manufacturing workflows, ensuring the development, manufacture and delivery of transformative medicines to patients.
Cytiva is part of the Danaher family of companies, a global science and technology innovator committed to helping customers solve complex challenges and improving quality of life around the world.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The "EEO is the Law" poster is available here.