At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work — and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Northrop Grumman Space Pricing and Estimating organization is seeking a Manager 3, Pricing and Cost Estimating, to join our team of qualified, diverse professionals. The selected individual will have accountability for the GBSD Pricing organization that ensures the execution of high quality, timely and compliant proposals in support of the financial objectives of the GBSD Enterprise. The Manager of Pricing and Cost Estimating is responsible for managing a team of professionals who support all program pricing requirements for the Division. This role will sit in Roy, UT. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
In addition to managing employee staffing, training and development, this individual is responsible for all of the GBSD Enterprise pricing activities in accordance with applicable regulations, policies, and best practices to achieve operational excellence, financial performance and customer satisfaction. This individual will support Sector and Corporate Pricing Councils and provide resources and input to assist with identification and completion of key strategic initiatives. This individual will also be responsible for cultivating internal and external customer relationships and supporting Government/Industry forums and councils.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Overseeing and leading a staff of employees responsible for pricing and other costing actions for a Division.
- Working with program management and capture team leadership to drive solutions to complex pricing scenarios.
- Leadership in the development of compliant, quality cost proposals.
- Supporting DCMA/DCAA offices & Government Compliance regarding proposal audits.
- Regular communications with the Division leadership on status/issues.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- BA or BS in Finance, Business, STEM, or related discipline and 9 years related experience. A Master's degree with 7 years of related experience also accepted.
- Thorough understanding of pricing and estimating methodologies, quality and compliance requirements relating to cost volumes and Estimating System requirements including overhead rate application.
- Ability to effectively and clearly present proposals and financial impacts to all levels of the organization utilizing numerous software applications and communication systems.
- Significant experience developing proposals that span multiple rate segments (divisions and/or sectors).
- Experience developing proposals with significant supplier (subcontractor and procurement) content.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent detail orientation.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Pricing Software (ProPricer).
- Experience managing direct reports, and proven ability to lead project teams through to completion.
- Current Secret Clearance. US Citizenship is a prerequisite.
- Current Top Secret Clearance. US Citizenship required.
- MBA or a Master's Degree in a Business related field.
- Prior experience working on Strategic Missiles or Systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.