- Identify and troubleshoot processes, material, or equipment problems to minimize downtime and recommend solution to manufacturing engineers.
- Develop, assembly, procure or modify existing and new tooling, fixtures, and equipment to ensure efficient production methods.
- Assist the Manufacturing Engineers with revisions and improvements to manufacturing methods and procedures, including writing change orders and deviations.
- Complete time studies to quantify processing times and identify areas for process improvements.
- Assist with hands on training of manufacturing employees on new products, tooling equipment and process revisions.
- Schedule, complete, and document routine maintenance on applicable manufacturing and test equipment.
- Read schematics, assembly drawings, data sheets, and process sheets to perform testing, build fixtures, checkout and trouble-shoot equipment.
- Assist in failure analysis, troubleshooting, rework/repair of non-conforming manufactured product to determine root cause analysis.
- Perform tests, gather data, and write results/reports with assistance from Manufacturing Engineering utilizing various types of electro-mechanical equipment.
- Promote and support Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement activities in Manufacturing.
- Comply with policies, guidelines and regulatory requirements per the Nonin Quality System.
- Installs and validates equipment and processes in the production area to improve yield and/or reduce cycle time following the established validation procedure.
- Supports periodic volume increases through testing of production product following applicable processes and procedures.
- Associates Degree in Engineering Technology or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 plus years prior work experience in an ISO/FDA certified medical device manufacturing setting
- Catheter and/or plastic experience a plus
- Ability to perform all assigned tasks and work independently.
- Follow Manufacturing Engineers’ directions and processes.
- Basic understanding and ability to read prints and schematics.
- Background in practical electronics, electronic test equipment and troubleshooting.
- Ability to develop and execute a detailed test plan.
- Solid understanding of MS Office Products Word, Excel and Outlook.