Perform maintenance and mechanical repairs to a variety of over-the-road and in-house equipment. This opportunity averages a rate of pay of $18.50-$35.00 per hour.
- Diagnoses mechanical failures and repairs trucks and tractor components according to manuals, factory specifications, and knowledge of engine performances, using hand tools, power tools, and testing instruments.
- Removes transmission and clutch using hoists, jacks and mechanics' hand tools while following all safety protocols.
- Inspects parts for damage and/or failure in order to make proper decisions on repair or replacement.
- Some use of welding, cutting tools to repair, and/or modifying or adjusting parts is required.
- Perform DOT inspections, including brake inspections and adjustments.
- Inspect and repair advanced safety systems.
- Applicant must be able to lift and carry 100lbs and push and pull 50lbs.
- Must be able to read and understand wiring schematics.
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Excel and general computer operation required.
- Good customer service and communication skills necessary.
- On-going training will be required, including HVAC certification.
- Tool program: Up to $2,000 in free tools for new hires; 2 year commitment to Prime required for program.
Any combination of education, training, and experience providing the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Mechanical experience is a plus.
Must have a strong work history. Flexible schedule with the ability to work nights and weekends required. Candidate must be able to acquire own basic hand tools and toolbox by the end of the training period (approximately 60 to 90 days).
Experience, Education, and Training
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires constant standing, forward reaching and feeling; frequent head turning, bending, kneeling, stopping, squatting and pinching. Candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 100lbs and push and pull 50lbs. Steel toed footwear, and safety glasses are required in the shop.
Both indoor and outdoor working environment with exposure to varying weather conditions and chemical odors.
Must have a valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Candidate must be able to pass a job specific post-offer physical prior to beginning employment with Prime, Inc.