Operates and prepares rail vehicles for fleet set-up and fleet arrangement. Responsible for interior, exterior, and roof top cleaning on various rail vehicles as required within each specific facility. Daily maintenance of vehicles to include accident, biohazard, and sharps clean-up as necessary. Conducts various inspections, assists mechanics with minor repairs, other shop/yard/maintenance activities, and tasks as required by the Supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year training or experience in electrical/mechanical areas (preferred).
- A combination of six months previous janitorial service or commercial cleaning experience (preferred).
- Demonstrated competence with computer systems and operation to include basic level skills on Outlook.
- Must be able to pass the Rail Service Employee Mechanical Aptitude exam.
- Must have organizational skills and the ability to arrange and rearrange a multiple number of vehicles into assigned trains.This position requires some logistical skills in order to place a vehicle in the proper direction for operational service.
- Ability to organize and arrange fleet vehicles.
- Ability to communicate with supervisors, co-workers, and customers and maintain good interpersonal relations both orally and over the radio.
- Able to pass the roadway protection certification.
- Able to pass other rail certifications and trainings as required.
- Must be able to certify to operate a forklift, crane, and other shop equipment.
- CPR certification desirable.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain DOT Medical card.
- Must have a valid Utah driver's license.
- Be a safe driver with no more than 4 moving violations in the past 3 years.
- Cannot have more than 1 violation of driving under the influence of alcohol, any drug, or the combined influence of any alcohol or any drug within the last 10 years.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the job to include walking long distances in a quick manner on uneven surfaces, lifting and carrying over 51 lbs occasionally on uneven surfaces, throwing switches, prolonged periods of standing, crawl and lay on uneven surfaces, able to work in tight and awkward positions, work outside in all weather conditions, able to safely work at heights above 16 feet, and constantly aware of surroundings.
- This job requires regular and predictable attendance.
- OR -
An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
[UTA reserves the right to determine the equivalencies of education and experience.]
Shift: 9:00 pm to 7:30 am with Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday off *
- Shift & Days Off Subject to Change
Pay Rate: $17.83 - $22.83 per hour, plus $.65 to $1.00 shift differential depending on shift, if applicable. This is a five year wage progression.
Close Date: September 3, 2020 by 5:59 pm