Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Since 1922, Granite Construction has continued its long standing commitment to building some of America's largest infrastructure projects including highways, bridges, dams, rail, and power. Recognized as one of the top 25 largest construction companies in the U.S., Granite specializes in complex infrastructure projects and provides award-winning construction services in mining, earthwork, water/sewer, power, tunneling, rail, highway and bridge construction. Granite also produces construction materials-sand, gravel, ready-mix, recycled asphalt product and asphalt concrete, and is a proven leader in alternative procurement project delivery.
At Granite, our employees are our most valued asset and we are passionate about retaining, developing, and recruiting the best talent available. Our employees reflect our core values: Honesty, Integrity, Fairness, Accountability, Consideration of Others, Pursuit of Excellence, Reliability Safety and Citizenship and we are continuously looking for individuals who possess a winning attitude and share our Core Values. In exchange, we help you build a career that no other company can duplicate. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. Add our award winning safety program, ethics, reputation, and a commitment to continuous improvement and you'll see that we are building more than infrastructure—together, we are building your future.
Under minimal supervision, this position is responsible for supporting the Group Safety Manager, as well as, performing a variety of complex and specialized administrative and office support functions to ensure the daily operations of the safety department run efficiently.
Essential Job Accountabilities
Support the Group Safety Manager including scheduling meetings, maintaining calendar, and travel arrangements to ensure he/she is relieved of administrative duties.
Serve as the point person for all telephone and mail inquiries to ensure all matters of significance are brought to the manager's attention and that outstanding customer service is provided to all customers and the public.
Perform a variety of specialized administrative and office functions to ensure the daily operations of the department run efficiently including taking dictation, recording meeting minutes and accurately entering data.
Assist other department managers with questions and serve as key contact to ensure all requests are responded to in a timely manner.
Support functional area by being the point of contact for all claims reported in the field, department procedures and practices to ensure consistency.
Assist department managers, supervisors and/or other staff with their daily functions to ensure department goals are achieved.
Review and code departmental expenses to ensure accurate accounting and budgeting, including invoice management.
Maintain/update reports to ensure compliance with company policies as well as local, state, and federal regulations.
Maintain department files to ensure they remain organized and current. Perform Motor Vehicle Reports for new hires.
- Order and maintain inventory of safety supplies, marketing materials and department supplies stock to ensure supplies are available when needed. Research and obtain advantageous deals with vendors or suppliers.
- Associates Degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- 5 plus years of office administrative experience.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Proficient in commonly used office and administrative concepts, practices and procedures
- Excellent organizational, time management, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to communicate with Sr. level Managers
- Strong customer service focus
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with MS Office Suite and the ability to learn new software quickly
- Exceptional problem-solving skills with consistent follow through
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Excellent collaboration, verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated, self-