Shift: Monday-Friday, Hours will fall between 7AM-7PM, flexible start times are available
R1 is a leading provider of technology-enabled revenue cycle management services which transform and solve challenges across health systems, hospitals and physician practices. Headquartered in Chicago, R1 is publicly-traded organization with employees throughout the US and international locations.
Our mission is to be the one trusted partner to manage revenue, so providers and patients can focus on what matters most. Our priority is to always do what is best for our clients, patient's and each other. With our proven and scalable operating model, we complement a healthcare organization's infrastructure, quickly driving sustainable improvements to net patient revenue and cash flows while reducing operating costs and enhancing the patient experience.
The Billing Representative will be responsible for delivering top services by fixing claim rejection errors, resolving any claim edits, working all relevant billing reports and responding to inquiries from various hospital billing service sources as well as supporting the back-end billing function for R1 RCM (R1) customer sites across the United States.
- Review patient accounts ensuring claims are accurate and billable.
- Identify and resolve claim edits and understand billing guidelines and payer requirements.
- Proactively fix claim rejection errors and resubmit claims based on payer requirements.
- Initiate contact and respond to inquiries from various external sources.
- Comply with all government and third-party payers regulatory mandated requirements for billing and collections.
- Answer questions and assist patients in regard to billing issues as needed.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information under HIPPA guidelines.
- Meet departmental productivity and quality standards in time frame given upon completion of training.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Ability to execute processes efficiently and maintain highest level of quality
- Demonstrates ability to identify and communicate issues
- Computer literacy skills, including Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Office products
- Enhanced communication and customer service skills
- Ability to be self-directed, coupled with exemplary time management skills and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Experience and working knowledge of UB-04, 1500's or HCFA claim forms
- Experience with billing editor systems
- Understanding of the entire revenue cycle process
- Knowledge of Revenue and ICD coding language
- 1-2 years of back end revenue cycle experience in a facility and hospital setting
- Knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare billing regulations
- See, read, and/or operate computers, telephones, office equipment, documents, labels, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting, standing, or walking for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Frequent interactions with associates, patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require associate to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information banding patients, etc.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items (over 50 lbs.).
Working in an evolving healthcare setting, we use our shared expertise to deliver innovative solutions. Our fast-growing team has opportunities to learn and grow through rewarding interactions, collaboration and the freedom to explore professional interests.
Our associates are given valuable opportunities to contribute, to innovate and create meaningful work that makes an impact in the communities we serve around the world. We also offer a culture of excellence that drives customer success and improves patient care. We believe in giving back to the community and offer a competitive benefits package. To learn more, visit:r1rcm.com