All AWS customers journey begin with an account. The AWS Account teams are redefining how we serve our global customer needs. Be part of the founding team that is on a mission to evolve the core notion of an AWS Account.
You will move quickly to make customer's life easier by building new systems and by improving existing systems. You will help design, build and launch new external APIs that perform at the global scale for AWS customers. Utilize your experience and knowledge of distributed high performing systems, algorithms and data structures.
- Design, develop, implement and support internal/external APIs using current and emerging standards and technologies
- Set and expect high standards for solution designs and code reviews, to make sure the software is tuned for performance. Own the quality of delivered components
- Demonstrate leadership to resolve architecture and data challenges
- Support other senior SDEs as you continue to grow and develop
- Partner with geographically distributed teams to deliver results
- Mentor high performing junior engineers
- Work with teams across AWS to build integrate solutions
You will have opportunities to work with principal engineers to build the highly available distributed systems. As the AWS account effects many internal services, you'll work independently, with and across teams.
Have an opportunity to be a member of a brand-new team! The greater team is a diverse, smart, and hardworking team. Among many things, we're parents, musicians, and athletes who also enjoy time outside of the office. We've worked hard to create a trusting, collaborative, and supportive atmosphere. We're looking for engineers to grow a positive, enthusiastic, and driven environment.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years developing software solutions in large scale (over 10,000 users) global environments
- 3+ years of experience in building high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Deep experience in at least one modern programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java and mastery of object-oriented design and programming
- Strong understanding of system and application performance characteristics
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.