Business Group Highlights
The Intelligence group provides high-end systems engineering and integration products and services, data analytics and software development to national and military intelligence customers. Serving federal agencies and the Intelligence Community for more than 50 years, the Intelligence group helps our clients meet their mission needs by providing trusted advisors, leading-edge technologies, and innovative solutions.
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the government space? What if you could find a position that is tailor made for your mix of project administration and communication skills? That's why we need you to help us lead and facilitate critical event preparation and schedule management. This is an opportunity to build your experience using the latest open source tools, trends, and techniques on technical issues supporting the mission of our Intelligence Community customer.
As part of the contract's Enterprise Data and Platform team, you will prepare and oversee major acquisition Readiness events to include Segment Requirements Reviews (SRR), Preliminary Design Reviews (PDR), Critical Design Reviews (CDR) and Engineering Design Reviews (EDR). You will work with the Acquisition Office to develop Readiness Plans for new contracts, ensuring developers are executing appropriate readiness events given the size, scope, and complexity of the acquisition. In concert with the pertinent Acquisition Office and System Engineering Group, you will appropriately tailor each acquisition readiness event and develop Readiness Review Execution plans for the approval of the leadership. Coordination with the Program Office and the internal and external stakeholders will be your responsibility, in order to ensure appropriate Readiness Review Team (RRT) membership for each acquisition readiness event. You will also maintain status of all completed readiness events until all comments and actions are closed.
Additionally, you will be the team's point person for schedule management, providing program and customer leadership with an overall view of the group's commitments, deep dive achievability assessments of development contractor schedules and performance metrics on project deliverables. You should expect to brief team plans, status, and technical recommendations to large audiences or individual senior management personnel. Maintenance of the team's integrated master schedule will be crucial, as you will be required to complete systems engineering tasks related to build out of schedule details as well as integrate with other teams to maintain the larger enterprise baseline.
- Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with acquisition processes within space, ground or communications systems
- Experience with project administration, schedule development and Microsoft Project
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining project schedules
- Experience with schedule planning tools, specifically MS Project and Primavera
- Working knowledge of systems engineering processes and products, such as interpretation of user requirements, allocation to segments within a system, requirements development and documentation, risk management, verification and validation, etc.
- Demonstrated capability and success working in team environments
- Strong communication and briefing skills with peers and senior leaders
- Excellent ability to work within team structure
- Customer focused and capable of representing the customer in community forums
What matters to our nation, is what matters to us. At Perspecta, everything we do, from conducting innovative research to cultivating strong relationships, supports one imperative: ensuring that your work succeeds. Our company was formed to bring a broad array of capabilities to all parts of the public sector—from investigative services and IT strategy to systems work and next-generation engineering.
Our promise is simple: never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. And with a workforce of approximately 14,000, more than 48 percent of which is cleared, we have been trusted to do just that, as a partner of choice across the entire sector.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.