Responsible for managing all the technical activities in one or more defined specialty area(s) of the Medical Center's imaging department to ensure the efficient provision of effective and efficient imaging services.
- Ensures the effectiveness of the technical imaging service.
- Ensures efficient use of Medical Center resources.
- Develops programs which address quality improvement safety systems enhancement and streamlining of work.
- Ensures Optimal Customer Service.
- Works with other counterparts within department and Medical Center for overall organizational improvement.
- Develops operating policies and procedures (protocols) in conjunction with the Administrator and Medical Director.
- Coordinates on-going training and continuing education programs for staff and students.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Position Compensation Range: $31.35 - $50.16 Hourly
Education: Graduate of an accredited JRC program in appropriate specialty required. Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree in appropriate specialty preferred.
Experience: 3 years relevant experience
Licensure: Registered in one or more imaging areas i.e. ARRT NMTCB ARDMS or other specialty area such as cardiology (RCIS) as appropriate for specialty. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
This is primarily a sedentary job involving extensive use of desktop computers. The job does occasionally require walking some distance to attend meetings, and programs.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.