Java Software Engineer for U.S. Government Client- Herndon, VA
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in solving the toughest management and technology problems of our defense and intelligence community. We are looking for innovators that can dream, design and build technologies/products to help support national security missions.
That's where you come in.
As a Java Software Engineer supporting our Intelligence Community (IC) client, you'll:
- Integrate software with existing systems, developing applications in a team environment, and assisting with Tier 3 and Tier 4 support, while meeting established project schedules
- Engineer, design, coding, debugging, and unit testing of custom applications developed in Java and Apache Tomcat
- Analyze user needs and developing software solutions in an Agile development environment that includes scrum, sprints, and utilizing JIRA
Benefits You'll Enjoy
Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage (company paid premiums)
- Generous Leave
401k with 100% immediate vest in the plan
$7,500 referral bonus for fully-cleared candidates
- Tuition/training assistance and Technology Allowance
What Employees Say
"Wonderful company all around! From the top down, you will always receive support. I would recommend this company to anyone."
"Team friendly environment a lot of room to grow."
TS/SCI clearance with poly
- 8 Years of job related experience and Bachelor's degree ( or combination of education and experience)
- Must possess full stack life cycle application development experience with large complex modular systems that includes engineering, design, coding, debugging, and unit testing in a Java environment
- Demonstrate ability to prepare and brief comprehensive Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) project documentation (e.g., requirements, design interface control, security, etc.)
- Must possess strong development experience with Java, Spring, Linux, and Hibernate
Nice To Have:
- Experience with some of the following: Web services, REST, APIs, XML, MySQL, Oracle, Linux and/or Unix, J2SE, PowerShell, SOAP, Eclipse, Apache Maven, Apache Tomcat, and Bash scripting
- LDAP and/or PKI experience is a plus
Engage Your Expertise
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities. Join us at PSS, where your mission is ours.
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer's expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Accordingly, US Citizenship is required