Optimal Solutions and Technologies (OST), Inc., has an opening for a Federal Civilian focused Capture Manager at our headquarters in McLean, Virginia.
OST, Inc. is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
The Federal Civilian Capture Manager will lead OST's growth in the Federal Civilian market and report to OST's Vice President for Growth with matrix responsibility to OST's Vice President of the Federal Civilian focused Business Unit. The successful candidate will bring established Federal Civilian agency relationships and specific functional knowledge across multiple technology and business services domains. You will quickly develop a comprehensive understanding of OST's offerings and services, and initiate and maintain customer and teaming partner relationships that benefit OST. The Capture Manager will perform all activities in the capture lifecycle to include developing teaming, pricing, and proposal strategies with a broad capability to execute targeted capture strategies for domain specific business and managed services, business processes efficiency, program management support, cyber, systems engineering, software development and sustainment services that enable mission partner success.
- Work with company executives, senior leaders, and service delivery managers to identify customer and partner needs to develop new or expanded lines of business for OST within the Federal Civilian community
- Develop and mature a pipeline of opportunities
- Develop and execute capture plans for each opportunity—from identifying strategic partners to call plans to bid resources
- Obtain pursuit and resource approvals through OST's prescribed internal gate review process
- Assess competitor capabilities, perform strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis, and team gap analysis
- Support price-to-win (PTW) analysis activities
- Track, record, and present activity on accounts and pipelines to senior leadership
- Work with subject matter experts and teams to develop proposals that speak to the client's needs, concerns, and objectives
- Drive corporate revenue by meeting/exceeding assigned win targets
- Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and share information with OST leadership
- Increase OST Brand recognition across Federal Civilian communities
- Use knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop the company's unique value propositions and differentiators for opportunities
- Bachelor's degree
- 12-15 years of relevant experience working with customers and partners at DHS
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience supporting strategic capture of both Technology and Business Services new business
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and/or the Acquisition Management System (AMS)
- Demonstrated ability to grow network and leverage established relationships to drive revenue
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing capture strategies to achieve/exceed revenue targets for mission support services
- Familiarity with commonly-used contracting vehicles and (OASIS, Alliant, Schedule 70, PSS, CIO-SP3)
- US Citizen, with ability to attain a DHS, DOT, or Treasury Public Trust Clearance
- Retired or former Senior-level Federal Civilian Contracts or Acquisitions Officer
- Previous program management experience delivering business and/or technical services to Federal Civilian Agencies
- Demonstrated knowledge, experience, and relationships with customers and partners supporting Treasury, FAA, and other Federal Civilian agencies
- Demonstrated experience landing Federal Insurance, Grants, and Fee For Service new business opportunities
- Willing to get your hands dirty participating in solution sessions and writing RFI and RFP proposal sections
- Active Public Trust or higher clearance
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its commitment to serving the mission of our customers. We serve DoD and Civilian Federal Agencies, along with supporting a number of States and Municipalities. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.