Join our Team
Be proud of where you work. Walden Security is one of the nation's largest privately-held security companies, providing a range of security services for commercial and government properties. Right now, we?re seeking inspired, motivated, and customer service-oriented people to add to our team. Security experience is not required: Walden welcomes a diversity of professional backgrounds, and we?ll make sure you have the support and training you need to be successful.
If you?re ready to embark on a meaningful career with one of the nation?s most dynamic and fastest-growing security companies, apply with Walden Security today.
Walden Security is a family-owned and operated business, and that?s how we treat our employees: like family ? because we know that by taking care of our people, they, in turn, will take better care of our clients.
We seek out people who are motivated, eager to learn, committed to serving our officers and clients, and always doing what?s right. We provide the resources, support, and training that you need to be successful. We offer every employee generous benefits, as well as opportunities for career growth.
We build on success by continuing to develop our people so that they have opportunities to grow within our organization, which is why we?re an award-winning employer, with one of the highest retention rates in the industry.
Our Security Officers guard industrial or commercial property against fire, theft, vandalism, and illegal entry by performing the following duties:
- Follows all assigned post orders, both general and specific.
- Patrols, periodically, buildings and grounds of industrial plant or commercial establishment, docks, logging camp area, or work site.
- Patrols lobbies, corridors, and public rooms, confers with management, interviews guests and employees, and interrogates persons to detect infringements and investigate disturbances, complaints, thefts, vandalism, and accidents.
- Patrols public areas to detect fires, unsafe conditions, and missing or inoperative safety equipment.
- Examines doors, windows, and gates to determine that they are secure.
- Performs and sets thermostatic controls to maintain specified temperature in buildings or cold storage rooms.
- Inspects equipment and machinery to ascertain if tampering has occurred.
- Inspects assigned areas and records data such as property damage, unusual occurrences, and malfunctioning of machinery or equipment, for use of supervisory staff.
- Watches for and reports irregularities such as fire hazards, leaking water pipes, and security doors left unlocked.
- Warns violators of rule infractions, such as loitering, smoking, or carrying forbidden articles, and apprehends or expels persons engaging in suspicious or criminal acts.
- Notifies staff of the presence of persons with questionable reputations.
- Permits authorized persons and regulate vehicle/pedestrian traffic at plant entrance to maintain orderly flow.
- Drives radio-equipped vehicles through the client's establishment, checks alarm, and locates sources of alarm.
- Sounds alarm or calls police or fire department by telephone in case of fire or presence of unauthorized persons.
- Assists management and enforcement officers in emergency situations.
- Contacts supervisor by radio or telephone to report irregularities and obtain further instructions.
- Writes investigation and automobile usage reports.