SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Are you a Registered Nurse (RN) with experience in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)? Do you take pride in providing excellent nursing care to achieve the best outcomes for the very tiniest of our patients? Apply now to join the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Chippenham Hospital.
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital!
As one of the largest facilities in the nation's largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a Provisional Level I Trauma Center and we offer Central Virginia's only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named A World's Most Ethical Company for 10 consecutive years by Ethisphere
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit:
- 20 bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Work with a team of highly-trained specialists.
- Deliver an excellent level of acute care for our tiniest and most critically ill newborns.
- Supported by 24/7 around-the-clock, on-call neonatologists, operating with the latest technology.
- AWHONN staffing guidelines.
Our Neonatologists, Obstetricians, Perinatologists, Anesthesiologists, Registered Nurses, IBCLC Lactation Consultants, OB OR Techs and Patient Care Techs are experienced in and dedicated to the best outcomes for our babies.
As a Registered Nurse in the NICU, you will provide therapeutic care of seriously and critically ill neonatal patients including resuscitation. Your role will include:
- Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
- Assisting physicians during treatment/examination of patient and processing orders, and making appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
- Communicating effectively and maintaining therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff, and much more.
Take a Virtual Tour of Chippenham Hospital's Obstetrics Unit
We invite you to learn more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are, and how you can join our dynamic team.
Check us out and Like Us on Facebook!
Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
Current Registered Nurse License in Virginia or Current Multistate Compact License (required)
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS or BCLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- NRP (required, or if not currently certified, must obtain within 90 days of hire)
At least 1 year of experience as a RN in a Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with demonstrated competency in critical care skills (required)
- 2 or more years of experience in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (preferred)
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (*PRNs eligible for these)
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement)
- Exciting Voluntary Benefit Options
Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.