Full benefits available after 30 days of employment! Full-time, direct hire position!
Job Summary:The Superintendent is the person on a large project that ensures that all work is installed, and maintained in accordance with the Company's and Customer's requirements, including safety, quality, and management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:1. Consistently manage various project crews; assume responsibility for effective performance of crews and provide necessary training; assume responsibility for adherence to Company and customer safety and quality guidelines and hold weekly safety meetings; implement formal corrective action in compliance with Company policy.2. Act as the senior Company liaison for operational interface with customer representative(s).3. Ensure that deadlines are met per customer requirements.4. Manage overall workload distribution and staffing levels.5. Manage successful job completion; ensure productivity, job completion and compliance to project budget.6. Fully complete all IES and project paperwork accurately and on time (specifically timesheets, material transfers, work orders, change orders, tool transfers and others as required); ensure all Job Closing Packages meet customer and Company standards.7. Perform quality checks; manage the prevention of outages; assist Project Manager with day to day job walks to ensure quality; prepare red-lined as-built drawings.8. Serve as main on-site customer contact for questions and/or concerns; attend facility and constructions meetings when required.9. Perform work consistently demonstrating a detailed level of technical knowledge; troubleshoot and resolve technical issues as they arise.10. Review and monitor operational processes for accuracy, completeness, and efficiency, including but not limited to estimating, purchasing, invoicing, warehousing, scheduling and reporting.11. Develop, redesign and implement process improvements as required to bring processes up to effective levels.12. In concert with the Training Department, monitor all quality and safety issues related to the operations department. Actively promote safety as our first priority.13. Lead operations meetings and training sessions.14. Manage tool and truck inventory/maintenance.15. Other responsibilities as assigned.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Must be able to work in an outdoor and indoor, construction work environment.
- Must be self-motivated, positive in approach, and convey an appropriate professional image.
- Must promote the Company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners.
- Must possess proven problem solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and give oral presentation(s).
- Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to develop branch and job processes and best practices.
- Must have proven high skill level to interpret blueprints and other project documents, including but not limited to, specifications, reporting and quality requirements.
- Must be able to travel within the branch territory and/or regional territory as needed.
- Must possess the ability to learn and teach the Company and customer project management systems.
- Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds.
Education, Certification, License, and Skill Requirements:
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years supervisory or managerial experience.
- Must have a minimum of five (5) years' experience in telecommunications or a related technical or construction field.
- Must be proficient with a computer and be skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and MS Project).
- Must meet Company minimum driving standards.
- Must have demonstrated verifiable ability to define a project, create a project scope of work, create an estimate, develop detailed associated tasks and manage these to final completion and customer turnover.
- Basic Hand Tools: screwdriver (regular and Phillips), drywall saw, torpedo level, tape measure, snips (with belt sheath), pliers (needle nose and channel locks), hammer, wrench set, cable stripper, flashlight and gloves.
- Trade Tools: Punch tool with 110 block and 66 block blade, 6/8 position combo crimp tool, Krone/3M/BIX, butt set, volt-ohmmeter, 4-pair continuity tester and 5-gang punch
Minimum Years of Experience
IES is a national provider of industrial products and infrastructure services to a variety of end markets, including electrical, mechanical and communications contracting solutions for