Are you a motivational leader with a passion for excellence ready to make a difference in the workplace and in your community? Do you have what it takes to thrive under pressure in a complex governmental environment? Have a competitive streak, enjoy change, ready to lead the best? If this sounds like you...Prince William County is hiring for the position of Fiscal Manager in the Financial Reporting and Control Division of the Finance Department.
We are seeking an extremely talented individual willing to lead a diverse team of highly motivated, professional level staff and be an instrumental part of the day-to-day responsibilities related to financial reporting and technical GASB implementation. The Fiscal Manager is responsible for the capital project and fixed asset accounting operations of the County and must ensure the county maintains an adequate system of accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of financial reporting and comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The position reports to the Controller and is a key member of the FRC team.
The successful candidate must possess effective leadership skills, comprehensive GASB technical knowledge, and strong financial reporting expertise and 5 or more years of related experience.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
- Oversee the compilation process of the County's statutory reporting requirements including the CAFR, PAFR, APA, single-audit reporting, etc.
- Oversee implementation of new GASB statements and APA reporting requirements.
- Prepare CAFR disclosure requirements for the County's self-insurance, OPEB & Pension programs
- Manage of the County's capital project accounting, fixed asset accounting and financial reporting teams
- Supervise accounting team of 4-6 employees
- Coach the staff on matters pertaining to accounting and auditing
- Help move team to collaborative environment and away from working in silos
- Serve as lead on cross training staff on various accounting functions
- Active CPA and/or CGFM license
- Experience compiling the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Experience with GASB standards for Pensions and OPEB, fixed assets, and /or CIP
- Experience with Oracle EBS or cloud reporting experience
- 3 years of professional experience supervising staff (3+ direct reports) to include recruitment, writing and conduction evaluations, approving timecards and leave requests, administering disciplinary actions, and developing performance improvement plans
- Experience successfully resolving conflict through coaching and mentoring
- Ability to work effectively with people of differing backgrounds who may not have a thorough knowledge of governmental accounting
- Professional leadership experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Accounting or similar field
ENTRY SALARY RANGE: $79,009 - $113,896 For the full class description click here