Symetra has an exciting opportunity to join our IT team as an Audio Visual Technician!
About the role
The Audiovisual (AV) technician works closely with Administrative Services, Employee Experience, IT Technicians, and AV vendors to design, install, maintain and support video conference systems. Services are typically targeted at conference rooms or meeting centers in support of presentations, video and audio conferencing, streaming video and web-based collaboration, and extend to remote meeting assistance to support large work from home user base.
What you will do
- Provide pre-meeting support for audio & video systems across the company including special events, board meetings, company, and department meetings and streaming training
- Receive and respond to incoming calls, text messages, and/or e-mails regarding AV troubleshooting, diagnosing, isolating and repairing all AV equipment including but not limited to multimedia systems, audio bridges, video/data projections systems, room sound and microphone systems, video recording/playback cameras, camcorders, monitors, white boards, AMX control panels, etc. Conduct follow-up assessments with key personnel to determine whether expectations were met
- Conduct on-site training and demos for senior leaders, administrative assistants, Desktop Support Team's and other company employees as requested; Develop end-user documentation covering basic use cases for all conference room AV equipment
- Research and recommend improvements periodically and develop a long-term strategy including capacity planning for meeting future AV equipment and corporate technology needs
- Administer AV systems by installing, configuring, running and updating software and firmware updates on infrastructure components and endpoints
- Collaborate with Administrative Services, End User Services manager and other key personnel to develop and implement proper AV practices and procedures
- Build and maintain accurate records of parts inventory, support contracts, equipment lifecycles, maintenance upgrades and improvements
- Create and/or update single line drawings of Audio Visual systems, equipment layouts, elevation and mounting details, rack layouts and cabling
Who you are
- Associates Degree with an emphasis in Telecommunications and/or video conference systems
- 1 to 5 years of experience with video conference equipment and control systems including installation, configuration, operation, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Solid foundation of implementing and supporting Tandberg, Cisco, Polycom and other AV technologies
- CTS-I certification a plus
What we offer you
We don't take a "one-size-fits-all" approach when it comes to our employees. Our programs are designed to make your life better—both at work and at home.
- Flexible work program and telecommute arrangements
- Wellness program offering employees a variety of resources crafted to assist you in reaching and maintaining your optimum health
- Plan for your future with our 401(k) plan and take advantage of immediate vesting and company matching up to 6%
- Paid time away including vacation and sick time, flex days and ten paid holidays
- Give back to your community and double your impact through our company matching
- Want more details? Check out our Symetra Benefits Overview
We empower inclusion
At Symetra, we embrace and celebrate diverse experiences, identities and perspectives, because lifting each other up fuels thought and creates a stronger, more innovative company. Learn more here.
In a complex industry, we strive for clarity.
Symetra is a dynamic and growing financial services company with 60 years of experience and customers nationwide. In our daily work delivering retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance products, we're guided by the principles of VALUE, TRANSPARENCY AND SUSTAINABILITY. That means we provide products and services people need at a competitive price, we communicate clearly and honestly so people understand what they're getting, and we build products that stand the test of time. We work hard and do what's right for our customers, communities and employees. Join our team and share in our success as we work toward becoming the next national player in our industry.
For more information about our careers visit www.symetra.com/careers.