T-Mobile moves fast, innovates rapidly, and maintains a laser focus on delivering the best customer experiences in any industry. The T-Mobile ISP team will usher in a new era of high-speed home internet to people all across America. Be a part of an exciting team bridging the gap between traditional living room cable and the mobile ecosystem. Help build the cable platform of tomorrow while delivering the ultimate customer experience.
Device Product is a critical component of the product lifecycle, encompassing activation/onboarding, software upgrade, configuration, resiliency, self-healing, self-test, security, diagnostics, telemetry, logging, and credential provisioning. You will develop and drive strategy with our senior leaders, collaborate with your cross-functional peers across the company, and build & grow the pool of expertise necessary for our organization to succeed. This team is responsible for executing world-class partner management functions with key players in the ISP industry and selecting the best devices that will drive growth across T-Mobile channels. Advancements are taking place among platform and chipset providers, enabling device manufacturers to deliver even richer experiences to consumers.
What you'll do in your role.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a startup within T-Mobile and will serve as the lead to identify and obtain a set of strategic partners that may include Platform, chipset, and hardware providers. This person will deliver T-Mobile's product strategies and leverage each partner's strengths to drive the advancement of T-Mobile's business. He/she will be responsible for making connections between the partner and key members of the T-Mobile organization to evaluate and explore new business opportunities through execution. This person will be the lead subject matter expert on device HW, chipset capabilities, and network technologies.
The experience you'll bring.
- Manage complex strategic partnerships – from screening new partners through start up and maturity.
- Serve as the main point of contact for each partner's product team and develop long term relationships resulting in successful product launches.
- Be the subject matter expert of each partner's product roadmap and stay current on the performance of all in-market products, organizational changes and major changes impacting their business, and ensure the T-Mobile ISP Team is kept apprised. Serve as subject matter authority on product features and ensure all teams are in alignment with product specifications and objectives.
- Identify innovative opportunities presented by partners and see them through to adoption where possible.
Evaluate potential new partners, products and technologies and articulate how they can positively impact our business
- Understand device requirements and be able to communicate them to partners and coach them through the T-Mobile process.
- Own and lead the Technical relationship with Device Manufactures for HW development. Ensures Device Manufacturers meet milestones and mitigates risk based on deep understanding of technical implications of decisions and wide basis of knowledge.
- Provide 5G guidance to help define the strategy and implementations of the 5G ISP programs. Keep up to date on the technology and market trends; forecast opportunities and threats to our businesses.
- Perform competitive research and analyses and keep the rest of the team abreast through industry/competitive/technology briefs.
- Coordinate closely with engineering and program leads to ensure alignment between technical, business, and field teams on product features and releases.
Participate in architecture and engineering activities, including release/sprint planning, daily stand-ups, and bug-jury.
- Make product recommendations based on sound business principles and in accordance with T-Mobile strategy
- Lead products through the development cycle balancing technical tradeoffs with time to market
- Coordinate cross-project dependencies to deliver cohesive product and service offerings
- Manage conformance and prioritize HW and SW bugs with Device Manufacturers
- Manage overall program schedule and drive cross-functional teams on delivery
- Contribute to the product vision across the team and the organization.
- Develop business cases for new features.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and stakeholders to define and lead product roadmaps and to deliver on them.
- Define product requirements for new products, features, and use cases; define acceptance criteria for each.
- Identify, assign, and contribute functional resources to meet product commitments.
- Manage change requests, validating downstream deliverables, and final offerings.
- Collaborate with business units to ensure a go-to-market strategy is defined and in place before a new device launch.
- Keep track of product performance through data collection and analysis; build and maintain dashboards to maintain product use and performance.