MEDNAX has grown from a single medical practice to a trusted health solutions partner with more than 10,000 employees and a presence in 50 states. Our decades long focus on maternal, neonatal and pediatric services positions MEDNAX as a leader in research, clinical quality care and operational excellence.
We invite you to grow with us and help shape the future of health care
The Northwest Operations team at MEDNAX is responsible for the oversight of medical group practices and successful market growth and development in Alaska, Washington, Oregon, and Montana. Working closely with the Market Director and President, the Operations Manager is responsible for strategic evaluation of business and practice operations, effective partnership with clinical teams and their practice managers, and identifying opportunities for growth. Successful results are driven by effective coordination of and collaboration with all stakeholders, effective communication and a positive, engaging attitude.
The operations team spans a spectrum of leadership that includes Operations Manager, Market Director, Market President, COO and Divisional President, with each role having an important and valuable part to play in the success of the team and region. Working closely with finance, human resource and legal experts, the Ops Team engages, supports and advances the interests of our practices, its members and partners.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESThe Regional Operations Manager works closely with regional and practice leadership to drive optimum Practice Life Cycle Management, focusing on organizational dynamics, operational efficiencies, financial performance and same store growth, safety advocacy and oversight in the assigned territory.
Our Operations Team works from home, meeting in person as needed, with reliance on video conferences, calls and emails as preferred communication channels. The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative and an earnest work ethic.
Primary responsibilities are generalized below:
- Daily Operational Tasks
- Fiscal Responsibilities
- Practice Life Cycle responsibility
- External (hospital & community)
- Team Development
Strategy & Growth
- Meetings, Reporting, Training
Out of the Box
- Optimize Practice Operations through focused efforts including:
- In coordination with the Market Director and President, bolster practice leadership efforts to optimize staffing and operations.
- Develop action plans to drive effective, positive change.
- Participate in meetings with Practice Medical Directors, Practice Managers, clinical teams and hospital administrators as requested.
- Assist Market Director in managing assigned contracting projects with Legal.
- Hospital contract tracking
- Employment contract tracking and monitoring for changes/renewals
- Facilitate recruiting and onboarding new teammates.
- Assist Market Director and Practice Medical Director (PMD) in evaluating potential value of expanding staff.
- Assist HR, Practice Medical Director and Market Director in the recruitment process as needed.
- Serve as point person for our shared services division to ensure a seamless experience.
- Respond to Corporate, Division or Regional information requests
- Communication initiatives
- Develop and produce market intel for operational improvements, organic growth and business development.
- Acts as liaison with Clinical Services and advocate for Safety and Quality initiatives.
- May be responsible for own small book of business with Market Director and President oversight.
- Assures and fosters One Mednax culture
- Operational Summary Management: Review and analyze monthly financial statements and dashboard reports for multiple practices, developing plans to address challenges and opportunities in concert with stakeholders.
- Pro forma Development: Manage the pro forma process by providing finance the overview of the business and specific financial data necessary to complete the pro forma accurately. Should be able to review and/or complete basic pro formas when needed by finance department.
- Budget: Work with the Market Directors and Finance to develop appropriate budgets.
- Work with Patient Accounts team to review practice operations:
- Review practice billing and collections and provide root cause analysis.
- Engage in monthly conference calls with Patient Accounts.
Business and Growth Strategy
- Collaborate with PMDs and Operations Teams to identify, plan and execute on growth opportunities.
- Attend Business Development calls to monitor opportunities and progress of integration plans, supporting the process as requested.
Management and Leadership
- Assists Operations Team in developing Practice Managers and clinical teams
- Sets a positive example of professionalism, demonstrating One Mednax core values.
- Supports and bolsters dyad relationships with lead physicians
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Skill in exercising a high degree of judgment, discretion and decision making necessary to achieve organizational objectives.
- Knowledge and experience with financial statement review and analysis.
- Must possess analytical skill sufficient to organize and prepare comprehensive reports as well as basic financial analyses.
- Must effectively prioritize work to manage multiple tasks in a fast pace environment, meeting deadlines as agreed upon with leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms with multiple levels of Regional and Corporate personnel, Practice Medical Directors and staff, as well as hospital partners.
- Demonstrate and foster positive and professional business relationships with internal and external customers.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2 – 3 years relevant professional experience required, and at least 1 year healthcare operations experience required.
- Experience managing people required.
- Relationship management experience required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage own small book of business, with oversight preferred.
- Process Improvement, Supply Chain or vendor management experience or LEAN certification preferred
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered.
The above noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the associate a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of his/her position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of this position.
MEDNAX IS AN Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status